Help me get my time down - please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON'T miss out the scrubbed in layer with your Brisa, this acts as your bonding layer and really works the gel into the natural nail and prevents lifting.

Just keep practising, the more you do the more your speed will come down, I still do a 2 hour set sometimes if there is tons of prep, the tips are hard to size and apply, or I stop & talk too much.

Jeni I so agree about talking to the hand! BUT I had a really embarassing moment when a lady approached me in the street and said, hello sarah how are you? I lloked at her and said, I'm really sorry but I can't place your face. So how much did I want the ground to open up and swallow me when she replied, you did my nails yesterday! OMG I nearly died of shame. So I said, oh I'm so sorry but I always look at the hands when I worl, now if you'd shown me them I'd have known exactly who you were! It got me out of that hole I'd dug quite well I thought!

Thanks.

I concentrate on the hands too now as much as possible. You dont realise that when yuo go to look at a person you stop what you are doing!

Its hard for me as I have always been in a business that eye contact is important (PR) and will have to get out of the habit when doing nails.

Did a full set of fibreglass last night and did it all including the consulation and polish etc in three hours which isnt bad for me, especially as I am not a fibreglass fan (hate the stuff).

Have another full set tomorrow night on a new client and a rebalance and a full set thursday so will keep at it.

I know its just a casde of keep doing it and the "hundred set" rule but its just frustrating.

Thank you all for your help and excellent advise. If you think of anything else please let me know!

xx

Latest posts

Back