help me hold my abrasive correctly please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do this when i am filing the right side of the enhancement, and the "old way" when doing the left hand side. Does this make sense.

zoeCU said:
I do this when i am filing the right side of the enhancement, and the "old way" when doing the left hand side. Does this make sense.

Is this because we tend to apply more pressure when filing the left side of the enhancement?

zoeCU said:

I'm the same as you. I just can't get to the bits I need to down the left side, so I always revert back to the thumb on top for that side.

My advise is to use this grip for the whole of the blending procedure UNTIL you get to the final more delicate bits when you can change your grip and use lighter movements.

There is no point to doing one side of the tip one way and the other another! Not if you are wanting to do an even job and take less time doing it.

I am going to try blending a whole tip this way. I just meant when the nails are finshed i file the old way and move my abrasive up and down the nails to get that curve then this way when doing the left.

zoeCU said:
I am going to try blending a whole tip this way. I just meant when the nails are finished i file the old way and move my abrasive up and down the nails to get that curve then this way when doing the left.

that of course is a whole different thing isn't it? I have tried to make it quite clear that this grip is for doing the 'heavy' stuff and other grips are used for doing the light work.

yes Gigi, i understand what you are saying.

Latest posts

Back