help me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttyaboutnails

Reaction score
hi all!

have just discovered this fantastic website!!!

i've had a slight problem with a client this weekend where she had her nails done somewhere else where i think they use MMA in there l&p system. i did her infills and with in 4 hrs they had lifted!! i also used a uv topcoat to seal her nail art. now im not sure weather the acrylics havn't bonded for some reason or if the uv topcoat has affected it in some way??
i usually don't have a problem with infills on my 'full sets'.
i also do experience some chipping with the uv topcoat at the free edge when they come back for infills.
if n e 1 cud help me please!!

nuttyaboutnails said:
hi all!

have just discovered this fantastic website!!!

i've had a slight problem with a client this weekend where she had her nails done somewhere else where i think they use MMA in there l&p system. i did her infills and with in 4 hrs they had lifted!! i also used a uv topcoat to seal her nail art. now im not sure weather the acrylics havn't bonded for some reason or if the uv topcoat has affected it in some way??
i usually don't have a problem with infills on my 'full sets'.
i also do experience some chipping with the uv topcoat at the free edge when they come back for infills.
if n e 1 cud help me please!!

I am not sure why the infills lifted did you do through prep first?
As for the uv topcoat make sure you cap over the free-edge this stops any chips.

Sorry to sound sill what is CAP OVER THE FREE-EDGE I am new to this thanks

Caz

lell said:
I am not sure why the infills lifted did you do through prep first?
As for the uv topcoat make sure you cap over the free-edge this stops any chips.

Hi Caz,
It just means that you take the product over the free edge so that when the product cures and shrinks back, You dont have a gap at the free-edge.
Hths

Thanks very much

Caz

lell said:
Hi Caz,
It just means that you take the product over the free edge so that when the product cures and shrinks back, You dont have a gap at the free-edge.
Hths

thanx 4 replying.

yeah did a good prep and capped the free edge. its baffled me!! the lifting is around the culicle where i infilled. i think it has something to do with the different acrylics has anyone ever experienced a similar thing?

Hi there,
When it comes to the 3rd zone, make sure:
the ball is firmly pressed in this zone, no product has soft tissue contact, make sure your ratio is spot on, no cuticle remover is left on the nail, make sure the nail is dry and contaminant free....
All theses can lead to lifting at the cuticle edge.......
The change of product should not be a problem as long as you have file prepped the nail and there a good keratin bond..........
HTH

thanx. ithink maybe the mix ratio is a little too wet and i am not pushing the product in because of this.

its great to talk to others bout these things!

Latest posts

Back