Help nail seal broken, no idea why!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbell80

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone help me with this please?
I did these nails with Shellac one week ago today.
I am qualified in CND Shellac, follow trained procedure and use only products from sweet squared.
The free edge seal has broken away by the looks of it.
Any advice on what may have caused it and will
It need a whole new re application?
Many thanks

Last edited:
Were her nails very thin? Have you done them before without this happening?

Presume you gave the usual aftercare about gloves etc if not it could be a product has eroded the seal

Hi Blossom, thanks for your reply [emoji2]she was a new client, I don't think she had very thin nails! I am going to look at them tomorrow , I def gave all the aftercare advice. Maybe this was just down to bad luck, I know she had her nails done somewhere else that lasted nearly three weeks with a different product on before I got there. X

Does she use her hands and nails a lot, for work or at home? I get this on my own nails as I use a computer 8h a day at my day job. :)

Hi Blossom, thanks for your reply [emoji2]she was a new client, I don't think she had very thin nails! I am going to look at them tomorrow , I def gave all the aftercare advice. Maybe this was just down to bad luck, I know she had her nails done somewhere else that lasted nearly three weeks with a different product on before I got there. X
Check she doesn't use that pesky hand gel such as the type used in hospitals etc. if she had a buff off gel polish before then it might have survived but Shellac is easily penetrated and that stuff is harsh

Oh good plan, I will thank you, can sweating effect it do you know??

And yes I think she she does use a computer a lot, I've used duraforce as well [emoji51]x

Oh good plan, I will thank you, can sweating effect it do you know??

And yes I think she she does use a computer a lot, I've used duraforce as well [emoji51]x

Sweating can. As in, hyperhydrosis. Not normal sweating i.e. Exercise class etc

One of my ladies could never keep nails on, then had treatment for hyperhydrosis (Botox in the muscles of her hands) and now she can keep it on like anyone else

But if your lady previously had it on for 3 weeks it's probs not that I'm thinking x

Thanks again Blossom! I have been and fixed them now! Found out that she had Bluesky on! X

Latest posts

Back