Help needed - Gel lifting off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me.....I use NSI Balance Gel for Natural Overlays. One of my clients had these 2 weeks ago, 1 week later she came back with 2 nails missing most of the gel!!! It was like it lifted off in one peice almost. I re did these and made it slightly thicker.......phoned her yesterday they are still on BUT the others are doing the same!!!

I am really hot on prep and scrub on my base gel (Builder blush) then cure 1.5mins,another layer of builder blush and cure and then shape and topcoat gloss finnish layer of gel and cure.....

Any ideas where I am going wrong?? I am worried she will loose the gel every week or so,Iam I just putting it on too thin?????

Sam:irked:

bulbs r ok? cant remember but does nsi gel need a bonder????

i am sure it did...and....is it a 2 min cure time?

amb xx

I'm not familiar with NSI gels, but are you using a primer and/or sufficiently buffing the natural shine prior to application? Also, too much primer can have the opposite effect and result in lifting. Just a thought.

The NSI system does not have a bonder. The bulbs are only 6 weeks old so it cant be that. I use the NSI balance primer and do etch the nail plate, maybe will try a little more. I am frustrated because they look so nice on her and just cant think what to do.

Can this happen if your layer is too thin??? I use nailpure before hand which is an antibac and dehydrator by NSI...leave to dry 1 min and continue.

Any ideas???????

Thanks Sam

Is she on medication?
Maybe you are using your nailpure too wet and it is stil present in her nails when the gel is applied.
Maybe she is heavy handed?
Maybe she is picking them?
Are you capping the free edge?

are you taking off the cuticle remover from the nail before continuing with your application?
you shouldn't need to 'etch' the nail, and definitely don't do more than absolutely necessary as you'll be thinning the nail plate.

ellasmum said:
I use the NSI balance primer and do etch the nail plate, maybe will try a little more. Thanks Sam
Mmmmm, don't think you should be etching the nail plate unless you mean buffing to remove surface shine. Can you clarify this please.

Sorry, by Etch I mean remove shine. The reason that I say etch is that it is the term used by NSI in their training DVD's.

Thanks for advice.
She is not on meds.
dont think is picking but you can never tell.
:irked:

ellasmum said:
Sorry, by Etch I mean remove shine. The reason that I say etch is that it is the term used by NSI in their training DVD's.

Thanks for advice.
She is not on meds.
dont think is picking but you can never tell.
:irked:

funkyfingers10 and fingertips nd use nsi gel i think....perhaps try pm'ing them or see if they reply?

sorry that i cant help you any more !!....oooh you could ring nsi?

amb x

Hi ya,

i use the nail pure then the balance bond, i then scrub in a very thin layer of one step gel then add my balance gel, do you cap the edges??

xx

Hi hun,

Balance do use a bond!

Fingertips ND said:
Hi hun,

Balance do use a bond!

I WAS SURE THEY DID !! i used it a few times, and i remember NOT using the bond once and ....they all came off!

Hi ya, don't use NSI myself, I'm a creative girl but, had a client in, same as you, when I'd finished I was dead chuffed, week later back she came etc turned out she was on HRT. sent her to a mate who does fabric she's happy but i could kick my self for not asking. Hope you get it sorted. Are your other clients happy? You'd be amazed at what some clients get up to with their nails. Seem to remember someone on here telling everyone about a client who cleaned her duck pond just before her rebalance!
Susie x

Latest posts

Back