Help, NVQ training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
I have obtained certificates in Man & Ped, L&P and Gel (tip and overlay) from the Nail Academy in Birmingham, have also got Certificate from EZFlow for Acrylic conversion course. I would like to further my skills (and CV!) by working towards an NVQ nail qualification, any level but the higher the better! I am trying to find a college/training centre which I could do this at. I live in Cheshire and need the course to be local. I currently work as a mobile tech and have a toddler and a baby on the way so it needs to be part-time or working mainly from home. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I'm reaching the end of my tether trying to find somewhere as all I have seen is NVQs in Beauty Therapy which I don't want!

ive been looking too. with no joy.

Have you tried contacting ANT (Association of Nail Technicians) they have Satellite centres doing NVQs - they might have one in your area. If you can't find anything then try contacting Rachel (AKA Chocolate) on here as she might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank you, I've now contacted Rachel and awaiting her advice!

You can do this mostly working from home - with connect2beauty.co.uk

You can choose NVQ modules individually to take, and work you way to the NVQ-Nail Route.

I have been with them since Feb, and am now doing my 2nd NVQ module.
It is very handy for me as i work full time and also could not find the course i wanted to do in a local college.

Beware of connet2beauty - I checked out their stuff before and it will cost in the region of £3500 to do the full NVQ with them - if you register with a SAC you're only looking at a few hundred pounds to complete the same thing.

Put NVQ in a search and read all the stuff before you do anything, Mum has posted loads of really useful info about the NVQs

HTH
Trin
xx

Actually the NVQ Level 2 Nail Services complete course is £1584.00 (plus the cost of 1 other optional unit) if you look on their website.

The reason why i mentioned this company is that claireamy stated that she has got limited time so would like to work mainly from home to complete the NVQ which connect2beauty allows you too for the theory work and local colleges do not.

I researched into local colleges and i never found anywhere offering the NVQ Level 2 for a few hundred pounds. My local colleges were charging at least £500 plus the courses were fully booked with waiting lists of 30+ people - perhaps that is only in my area - i dont know?
The benefits for me are that i can take the individual NVQ units as i please, and work to my own pace which does suit some people. Prices are not going to be the same as local colleges due to the class sizes. My last practical class consisted of 3 pupils, and my colleague who is taking the NVQ at a local college has at least 30 pupils in her classes.

Thats £1.5k to do the Level 2 - potential the same for the level 3 which comes in near the £3K mark :irked:

From memory it's only about £80 to register for the NVQ, £20 (ish) to become a life long member of the awarding body assessing the course, and about £60 (ish) for an assessment. I believe you need a minimum of 3 assessments (from Mum's posts if I remember correctly) so we're talking about less £300 in total :idea:

I didn't say connect2beauty were bad, just that it's expensive to complete what is relatively cheap from other sources.

Marian's posts also says there is no time frame for completion so Claireamy could well complete it with an SAC at her own pace and timeframe in the exact same way. She can also select which units taken or not (other than the obligatory ones obviously)

Trin
xx

Latest posts

Back