Help required - spray tanning !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy sarah

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to this site and think it is great !!! Have seen various posting about spray tanning. I am Solglo trained but have been using sundrench solution as had real trouble getting hold of solglo. Been really happy with it but last batch i ordered came in different bottle and titled tan solutions. I have done a couple of sprays with it and i thought the colour seemed more orangey !!! The company says it hasn't changed the solution. Has anyone else been using this ?? Can anyone recommend any other solution ??

Thanks

welcome to the site, this is going to get confusing!!! as i thought you were sassy hassy!!!!
sorry i dont know anything about tanning but im sure other geeks will be able to help you, but i just wanted to say hi!!!!

I will have to change my name !!! I hope i am doing this right am new to this and am a complete pc nerd !!

Have you still got the invoice? you can use it as proof of purchase. I would send it back to the company recorded delievery and ask for an explenation.

Have spoken to company and they have said they have not changed anything. Got a couple of people booked in next week and not sure whether to use sundrench again. Need recommendations for other solutions - any idea ????

OMG another Sassy! Even I'm confused! Welcome to the site hun!

I use the Tantrick solutions and HVLP machine. They are all very natural and I've never Tangoed a client yet. Take a look at www.tantrick.biz for more info. Or send Mandy a private message (pm) her name is Spray2go

Sorry to confuse you with the name !!!!!!

Thanks for the advise - have heard good things about Tantrick - will speak to mandy. Do they come in different strengths.

This really is gonna be confusing...I also thought this was you Sassy Hassy!
Not to worry...welcome to the site Sassy Sarah!
Well I use 'naturasun' tanning solutions and get on with them really well.
They have 9 different sprays to suit skins from the lightest to the darkest. They also do a 'Twinkle Tan' which I havent used but have seen and looks fab. I only use 2 colours....the 'Starr Tan' for light to medium skin types and the 'D&E Plus' for medium to dark skin types which I love and so do my darker skin toned clients....try and get some different samples to try for yourself by ringing the different companies....I did this and most were more than happy to send samples enough for one full body application.....have fun!

Thanks for the advise - good idea to ring round. Heard so many conflicting things. The sundrench solution only comes in one spray. Most of my clients are probably med skin typed. Do you normally start with the lighter tan and then go on to the darker one if thats what they prefer - I just wouldn't want to send someone away looking like they were jamaican !!

Companies will usually recommend which solution suits which skin type. I was speaking to Stuart MD from Tantrick the other day and he said that thier new broucher coming out details which solution should be used for each client. Their start up kit is really good as it contains 500ml of each so you can have a play and you can mix and match when ordering which is very convinient (any you can get it on an interst free repayment plan).

Thanks for that - have left a message for tantrick. Would be interested to know what anyone else thinks of sundrench.

I use sudo and always found it to be really good especially the bronze as you can see where you are spraying! I use a HVLP.
Also heard good things about tantrick I might have to give it a try...

Sorry Vicxzy but Sudo went into liquidation a couple of weeks ago, you can still buy product from the liquidators (I think) but I wouldn't imagine for much longer, doubtful there will be a buyer in today's cutthroat market. I have just become a distributor for Tantrick, after 7 years of being a St.Tropez girl but also using Sudo and Fake Bake in our salon...I am SO impressed as are my clients and (hard to change) my staff...yippee!!!!!!!!! The product is so good and easy to use with hvlp machine mentioned by Sassy. Go to search and put in 'tan' you will find loads of posts that will help you.

fiona wallace said:
Sorry Vicxzy but Sudo went into liquidation a couple of weeks ago, you can still buy product from the liquidators (I think) but I wouldn't imagine for much longer, doubtful there will be a buyer in today's cutthroat market. I have just become a distributor for Tantrick, after 7 years of being a St.Tropez girl but also using Sudo and Fake Bake in our salon...I am SO impressed as are my clients and (hard to change) my staff...yippee!!!!!!!!! The product is so good and easy to use with hvlp machine mentioned by Sassy. Go to search and put in 'tan' you will find loads of posts that will help you.

I use Tantrick too, I have the salon HPLV machine....glad to hear I'm up with the 'old firm' lol

Cathie! said:
I use Tantrick too, I have the salon HPLV machine....glad to hear I'm up with the 'old firm' lol

Yeah me too .. its exciting to be part of the 'in crowd' lol!!!

Hey me too!! The Tantrick Gang!
KxXx

Oh my goodness !
I cant believe that has happened with sudo I only did my training in July......
Does anyone know if this means I cant use other products because my certificate is with sudo? (for insurance purposes?)
How much is Tantrick????

Hey Vicxzy,
Give Mandy a PM for all the details her geek name is Spray2go. You can also check out the website clicky here
HTH
KxXx

nemotail said:
Hey Vicxzy,
Give Mandy a PM for all the details her geek name is Spray2go. You can also check out the website clicky here
HTH
KxXx

Thanx I have just pm d her! x

Hi, i am a mobile tanning therapist and i use Bali Sun, it is really really great and gives such a natural looking tan. The great advantage with Bali Sun is that there are just two solutions, Tropical and Evolution, and you can mix the two together to get a heap of different shades, i for example use a 50/50 mix for my skin, as i am part italian and it gives me a lovely week in spain type tan which looks so much like my natural tan colour.

I did my training with Bali Sun and it was brilliant, the teqnique they have tought me is fool proof! i have done a fair few tans since and never had a disaster, the tan applies so evenly it looks good every time. The people at Bali Sun are also very friendly and helpful and will delivery next day to you.

I also purchased my tanning system from Bali Sun (all in all it was about £1,000 for the whole kit) and it is top notch equipment, it really is good, i dont know about cheaper versions but i have absolutly no complaints with Bali Sun.

Bali Sun is also the brand used at Europes largest Spa, Urban Retreat in Harrods!

I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back