help they keep coming off!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
my sisiters nails have come off foe the third time prep is down to a t i do my own nails and they stay on for ever! i use vf 21 on her, and then cure under uv light. she has gone to a a salon in the past and has no problems. what am i doing wrong??????? :mad:

Hi there,

I used to use vf21 but I never cured this under a uv light, I was under the impression it was the gf21 that needed curing.

However, I had numerous difficulties with this product, percervered for a few months but ended up changing to NSI as I was getting lifting to the point where it was almost peeling off my nails. Once I changed I had none of these problems, it was like heaven. Lots of others on this site also had problems with star, you might wanna click search and see what advice or information you can find.

yep its definetly vf21 lyte and was told to cure under uv light, im gonna have to change to something else, not sure what. but im definetly fed up with this product. (thanks)

I had terrible problems with lifting time after time with many of my clients. I used NSI products and had been trained at college (VTCT) for 8 months in total. At my witts end I decided to do a conversion with Creative as I had heard about the Retention + 's (Brisa is Retention+ in Gel form) suitability for "lift prone" clients. My kit cost around £80 - and the training day was free. Hand on heart it was THE BEST £80 i have EVER spent. My lifting problems were solved! I think the prep procedure is so much more in depth and the products used with Creative's systems are just fantastic. I know they're more expensive than NSI but I am now in a position to increase my prices and not loose clients due to the higher standard of my work..

Why don't you contact Star Nails directly and see what they suggest?

Hi l use star at the mo but l use preformance u don't need a light for that one, and l do get lifting with that, some clients not as bad as others, sometimes l can see it lifting after l've shined them up! (a real pain!!) so l am defo changing systems soon!! x

thanks every one, i dont think ive ever heard anything good yet abot star nail, time to change...... thanks again diannaxxx

Aaah vf21 lyte, yep that sure does need curing but the vf21 doesnt there are 2 brands.:D

Im also doing conversion to creative (next wk) allthough I am happy with NSI, creative has so many more benefits both to me and my clients. Good luck hun but I do know how frustrating it is.

Hi there

I did the VF21 Lyte course and also had really bad problems with the products coming off. I came on here and was advised to look at my prep, I changed products for preping a i found the star cuticle remover useless and then dehydrated nail with protect and then double primer. I do not get any problems with liftin now. The problem i get is clients turning their hands slightly under the lamp and the product leaking into the cuticle and having to nearly saw it off, well not saw but very difficult .

Go back to your booklet they gave you and double prep making sure all the cuticle is removed, also make sure your bead ratio is correct because this product shrinks and can lift a while later.

hope this helps and good luck

lucia

I say that if budget products are used you will not get good results ;)
Why risk losing clients by using cheaper end gels and powders ?
I know its hard sometimes to afford the more expensive products but in the long run they save you a lot of time and clients.
Think about it :wink2:

Latest posts

Back