Help to find a job in hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarinha

Reaction score
well this is my story,

i cant find a job as a salon assistant or a junior style because :

1 - my awful age ( 26 years old )
2 - because i don't live in London.

i've been refused jobs because i live in Cambridge so applying for jobs in London is almost impossible ( they say i live tooooooo far from london, when i have 45 minutes direct train to kings cross and in Cambridge like a salon owner said on my face in a job interview, you are to old to wash hair and serve coffees!!! you will be to expensive for me!

Seriously is this even legal in UK????,

I paid for my course 280 euros per month for 18 months + material + trips and i use to work 9 to 18 and then go to school and reach my home from school almost at might night, i didn't take the course in uk that's true but where should i start when i never work in the salon (no experience) because to work in one at the same time the salary will not cover my school bills.

How can people be like that?????
They don't give any credit to people that work so hard to take a course instead of paid by the government.

I really thought that uk were a open mind country.
I just didnt want to send such a expensive course to the trash.

Why don't you offer to do one day a week voluntarily?

I, too, am a mature student (even older than you :biggrin:) and I have just started my Level 2 and I have already posted an offer on the recruitment section of this site - offering to work for free to get experience.

If that doesn't work, I plan to go door to door and ask some of the salons local to me if they need a 'helping hand' one day a week.

I know how you feel, don't give up. People may think us older ones would balk at getting coffees, sweeping up and washing hair but I would just relish a little bit of real experience!

So if any experienced stylists in the Midlands are out there and reading this and need any salon help.... drop me a line ;)

Latest posts

Back