HELP, what is the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naomi1145

Reaction score
hi Can anyone please help me? i am looking to buy some uv gel in order to do my nails. I've been looking on the internet but there are so many different types, balance gel, nail builder, uv fiber clear, ordinary uv gel. can anybody explain the difference between all the gels so i can see which one would suit me better.
Many thanks
Naomi1145

who you training with or thinking of training with, oh and welcome to this great site!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome.
I think you should ask the manufacturer what are the diferences.
Usually they have several types because some are more runny than others, some are self-leveling while others aren't, they come in diferent colours (pink, clear and several shades of white for creating a sharp or soft french look), some are more flexible and designed to use for overlays, some are stronger and designed for sculpting, some have enhanced bonding properties and are designed to be used as base gel.
Often companies have a Try-Me-Kit with their most popular choise, so that you can try for yourself and see what gels meet your needs and what gels you find easier to work with.

Following on from Prionace - each Brand have their own names for the gels. There are two types within what Prionace has already said - one phase and 3 phase.

One phase means that you use one gel for every layer of application, this ofen sacrifices, bond, strength and shine to a greater or lesser degree in my opinion.

I prefer the 3 phase gels where you have a different gel for each section giving optimum performance for each layer for maximum bond, strength and shine. You usually get the first phase which is a gel for enhanced bonding to the nail. The second phase is your builder gel, which is a thicker viscosity allowing you to build your apex and give maximum strength to the structure. Finally your third phase is a finishing gel that is applied similar to nail polish and gives a nice permanent shine to your nails.

What bands are you looking at hun as there maybe someone who has tried them and can give you first hand experience of using them.

hi ya....just a little word of warning....i have tried lots of different brands of gel and to get the best from the product you MUST have training on its application or you will get problem after problem after problem !!

Creative nail design, Ezflow, NSI, LCN, Biosculpture, Azkentz, are a few that you could look up and make up your mind from there.

Good luck with whatever path you take !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps please steer clear of the rio and such like kits !

ambx

I actually just bought a starter kit today from NSI, it has some different gels in it, cleanse and a gel brush plus a free instructional DVD on how to use them and it cost only £16.95 as it was on offer. I thought I'd give that a go as like you I don't know what all the different gels are etc!

Latest posts

Back