Help ..which Spray tan machine ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilylou

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Help just thinking about starting up a mobile spray tanning service and looking into what Machine to get to get the only brand I know about is sienna x and i was debating getting the T200 Truespray model how does the Shadez spray tan machine compare also could any one let me know what the best solution to use is I have found this is going patchy as it wears off ( also my legs went a bit orangey ... but my arms were great ???? ) Thanks in advance x

Hello

I use the Essential nails tanning system, i have the compressor, gun and tanning solution, i work mobile and it is all light weight. check out site below.
The solution is a great colour no horrible smell, ad dries in minutes.

you should do a search on here about spray tanning...you'll find loads and loads of useful info!

i know a couple of people who have purchased the shadez machine and are very happy with it...i haven't used their solution so cannot comment but if you not happy do a bit of research into other companies, contact the ones you like the look of and request a sample of their solution...the only way you'll know if you like it is if you try it! there are loads of brands to choose from so your bound to find something you like

xx

:rolleyes: Help just thinking about starting up a mobile spray tanning service and looking into what Machine to get to get the only brand I know about is sienna x and i was debating getting the T200 Truespray model how does the Shadez spray tan machine compare also could any one let me know what the best solution to use is I have found this is going patchy as it wears off ( also my legs went a bit orangey ... but my arms were great ???? ) Thanks in advance x

hi and welcome to Salon Geek :hug:
if you key in "spraytan" in the search button at the top of the page this will hopefully give you all the answers you need.
Ring around all the manufacturers and ask for samples/infomation to be sent out to you.
Also ask about training,certification and insurance issues as you will need these if you are spraying the general public.
Hoping this helps and good luck

Hi lilylou

Good to have you on board this addictive forum - it does become a way of life....:lol:

I am a Sienna X distributor and seeing that you've already mentioned the brand I thought I'd introduce myself. If you need any additional advice or help with anything please do not hesitate to contact me via the private messaging facility - if I can help I will......:hug:

hi ,just thought id add that i stock and spray st. tropez and fake bake, both great products and with loads of promo support from the companies thats free, also reps that visit you once a month with all the new bargains...hope this helps xxx

I use both sun and fake bak spray which are brilliant. They go on really even with no orange tinge or darker area so see what info you could get on them:)

I have the t200 machine and its great.I have no worries with it other than if i were to get too busy in one go it is classed as a low volume use machine, but at mo it is enough for my business as i have only just started out spraytanning.

I have also been trying loads of solutions.I trained with Tantrick and that is what i am using on my clients all the time,but being curious i am also getting samples from other companies and the conclusion i have come to is its the same as skincare, horses for courses.
I have had sienna x on one arm.Celebrity secrets on another,A tan on one leg and fantasy tan on the other leg some are a reddish tone when they go on some are more brown some have more guide colour so look very impressive when you pull away your tan line but then dont develop anymore than the others with less guide colour.

Ive also tried Vani t and am awaiting to try urban tan.
I am very happy with tantrick and i also like vani-t , i think in some ways any tan can only be as good as the prep and aftercare.If someone comes to you ill prepared and does not moisturise they will go patchy and if the solution is not chosen correctly for the person they will end up orange.
You only have to go through the forum here to see with solutions what one person says is awful another says is good.Maybe sometimes its more to do with the operator than the solution.

Last edited:
Hiya I am STILL not sure what to do ...:?::confused:
will probably make some phone calls later I have seen this SHADEZ kit for sale at a brilliant price and really tempted ...
does anyone know any reason why I should not get it ????

also if i train with Sienna x am I insured and qualified to use the shadez equipment ???? any replies will be a great help
Thanks again :smack:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just bought this machine. Very good value for money. It's extremely easy to use. well recommended, but it took a week to deliver despite them advertising next day delivery, this was explained and I recieved discount and samples! Mine is leaking, but im not sure that it's not me doing something wrong, i'll update you... x:lol:

Last edited:
You are not the only one to suffer leaking problems with this kit kerry, there are a few posts knocking about with the same problem,
cheap is not always cheerful, you do get what you pay for :hug:

Hi ya, I had the same problem on making my choice. I did a search on this forum and settled on Tantrick. I had my training on friday with my own machine the TANTRICK Minimist Pro ELITE which orderd through my trainer. I made my choice after speaking to the trainer about the products and training because I wanted a machine that would stand the test of time, and although it is expensive I didnt want one that I would have to replace after a couple of years (and shell it all out again).

The trainer was brilliant, totally thorough and I didnt feel like an idiot when I was unsure of anything, in a nut-shell the trainer was brilliant and I can phone her now if I have any problems (because aftercare is also a consideration when deciding).

Be thorough in your research and then you'll be sure your making the right choice for you.

Hiya I am STILL not sure what to do ...:?::confused:
will probably make some phone calls later I have seen this SHADEZ kit for sale at a brilliant price and really tempted ...
does anyone know any reason why I should not get it ????

also if i train with Sienna x am I insured and qualified to use the shadez equipment ???? any replies will be a great help
Thanks again :smack:

Hi lily and welcome to the Salon Geek:hug:

There are many suppliers of equipment and training out there and it would be inapropriate for me to reccomend one specific brand.
Hit the search button above,google it and also have a look through the trade mags and then call them up and ask as many questions as you can.

The only other tip is that whichever brand you end up going with go for a brand that offers both certified training (which you will need for insurance purposes) as well as one that also sells the equipment...

Now you should expect to pay a little more this way but you will find in the long term it will prove to be a very cost effective buy for you as the brand will bend over backwards to resolve any downline problems you may have...
good luck in your search :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not the only one to suffer leaking problems with this kit kerry, there are a few posts knocking about with the same problem,
cheap is not always cheerful, you do get what you pay for :hug:

I have the same machine, but not brought through Shadez. It is excellent. The machine only leaks if you do not do it up tight enough and if you tip the cup so it is caused by the user not the machine!

I read a long thread about a tantrick mini mist pro machine spraying out tan too but that was from the machine base which would be more of a problem and that machine was definitely not cheap!

Shadez has always been keen to help anyone with queries so the customer support is there too.

I have the same machine, but not brought through Shadez. It is excellent. The machine only leaks if you do not do it up tight enough and if you tip the cup so it is caused by the user not the machine!

I read a long thread about a tantrick mini mist pro machine spraying out tan too but that was from the machine base which would be more of a problem and that machine was definitely not cheap!

Shadez has always been keen to help anyone with queries so the customer support is there too.

I think before this gets into a "tit for tat situation" it would be fair to say that like with all things especially equipment there is bound to be a problem somewhere or at sometime by someone with machinery.

What is important is that how and how quickly the problem is delbt with by the supplier of the equipmenet that counts...in other words..what was the support given like in relation to the sum charged for the equipment in the first place.

It would be fair to say that a lot of problems that we hear people are having with equipment sometimes turns out to be simply a lack of understanding as to how to operate the machine and how to situate it correctly or how to maintain it that has caused the problem..as was in the case of the thread refered to .
So happy and safe spraytanning whichever machine you use :hug:

Sorry that was the point I was trying to make but you said it better Collin. It's only a problem when a machine malfunctions and the supplier refuses to help! :hug: Maybe I could have written that better...

- Just on this point, after speaking with Shadez, there is a manufacturing fault with the machine at the moment, (so it's not the user on this occasion), but Shadez are rectifying the problem as we speak, so cant complain! :green: x

Sorry that was the point I was trying to make but you said it better Collin. It's only a problem when a machine malfunctions and the supplier refuses to help! :hug: Maybe I could have written that better...

you did just fine :hug::hug:

hi sorry about the cups i have spoke to my suplier about this and he has sent me new cups .... so i hope this will help you out ! if not il send you a new gun. its only right you should complain as this should not happen,
im sorry! as we are a small family buissnes we stress to get orders out on time and in good order at a great price im sure you will agree and reputaition is number 1 so please contact me if you have any problems at all all my units and tents are sent with my contact info so please please please call me im here to help and will anytime of the day !! thanks and sorry about the small few that have had a few probs x:confused:

Yes, must agree Shadez are super helpful and have rectified my problem! Falling more and more in love with this machine every time I use it ! :Grope: xxx

Latest posts

Back