Help With 3 Phase Gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs81

Reaction score
HI
Ive not long started an artificial nail course at college and we have been set an assignment on investigating the differences in uv acrylic nails and 3 phase gel systems.I have queried this before but wondered if anyone out here can help with web sites that have good info etc,or if any of you can help.All the gel sytems ive looked at seem to include more than 3 sorts when applying. Also is uv acrylic just another name for uv gel? This is really confusing me i feel like im never going to get to grips with all the different types!

Thanks debs81 xxx

Hi there,
There are many 3 step systems on the market within gel ranges.
I use LCN which is a 3 step sculpture gel system which I will detail below, other systems such as IBD and Ez FLow are similar in their application.

Step 1 - bonding layer

A thin layer of bonder gel is applied to the prepared nail plate, it can either be "scrubbed" in with a stiff brush or painted on like nail polish. This is then cured in the UV light unit

Step 2 - sculpture or builder layer

A pea sized "blob" of gel is placed in zone 2 where you want the apex to be, then gently "tease" the gel out to the cuticle and free edge and down to the side walls. Cure this layer.

Step 3 - sealant/gloss layer

After refining and finishing the sculpture layer with graduated files (180 - 240) brush and wipe the nail and apply your sealant or gloss layer. This is a very thin gel which is applied like applying thick top coat. Cure this layer and wipe dispersion (sticky) layer off.

This is just a very basic 3 step gel application so please pm me if you need any further clarification. As far as I am aware "UV Acrylic" is just l&p which is cured under UV light...it is not actually a gel product.

HTH
CLare

It's so confusing isn't it! epecially when all systems are effectively acrylic ie liquid and powder, gel and wraps. I think uv acrylic is an l&p that needs to be poymerised under a uv lamp, but not 100% sure. But gels I can help you with!

There are 2 main types - soak off (porous) gels which tend to be less strong than non porous gels. The attraction is that they do not need to be buffed off which needs extra care and attention so that you don't run the risk of damaging the natural nail. (ie calgel, bio-sculpture)

Then there are the non -porous gels which are stronger but need to be filed off.(ie Brisa, LCN)

You also have one component and three phase gels. They can be within the above systems, but a one component gel means that one pot does all the work of bonding, building and finishing compromising the effectiveness of each layer. Whereas a three phase means you use a different product for each, one for bonding to give maximum bonding, one for building to give maximum strength and one for finishing to give maximum shine.

HTH

of the subject a bit, but one of you may be able to help - can i use any UV cured gel finishing gloss over l&p for a gloss shine...

Tickled Pink! said:
of the subject a bit, but one of you may be able to help - can i use any UV cured gel finishing gloss over l&p for a gloss shine...
You most certainly can, just make sure you sue the right uv lamp for your product.

Thanks so much for your help,ive only got a month left to finish 2 assignments-its taken me ages to find anything.Tutor isn't brilliant to be honest,nice enough just focuses attention on the more should i say nervous students and forgets about me and my mate. Anyway i'll stop blabbering and get to work-thanks again!!
Debs81

Latest posts

Back