Help with advice on refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leonni say no,
in 2 months you wont be in any mood to do free extensions you'll have too much going on. If anything let her pay half (cos you seem to be a softie really) she didnt take your advice and never gave you a chance to see the "problem" so no way should you be out of pocket with the price of hair and your time. Plus looks like you will have a new staff member and a baby to keep you busy.

She's well cheeky:irked:

Leonni say no,
in 2 months you wont be in any mood to do free extensions you'll have too much going on. If anything let her pay half (cos you seem to be a softie really) she didnt take your advice and never gave you a chance to see the "problem" so no way should you be out of pocket with the price of hair and your time. Plus looks like you will have a new staff member and a baby to keep you busy.

She's well cheeky:irked:

yes i think thats fair .. half.. i was just going to say NO..lol when i get round to replying

but i agree half price is fair..

il think il just say: i offered to replaced them free when you get back. But as you have now redone them it will now be quite a few weeks so if you want them re-done when that times comes. it wont be free but id do the application half price..

:) ..

2 months is like almost xmas..

If you were going to say no, stick with no:)

but if you are gonig to offer half price i'd add to the end of message "as a gesture of goodwill" otherwise she may take it as a kind of admission of fault on your part. She cant be thinking that! xx

If you were going to say no, stick with no:)

but if you are gonig to offer half price i'd add to the end of message "as a gesture of goodwill" otherwise she may take it as a kind of admission of fault on your part. She cant be thinking that! xx

il think il offer the half price actually so im less of a cow..

and il add the gesture of goodwill part..

its soo annoying coz if its my fault at least i could have had a look and then seen where it went wrong etc.. as there is always room for improvement :) and as its never happened before i would have liked to know..

well she may not be happy with that but as they say you cant please everyone

I'm really sorry but without having seen your hair for myself it's impossible for me to ascertain what could have caused your problem.
It's actually against my policy to offer a refund without seeing a client, but as you are a valued client i was prepared to make an exception in this instance.
However, as you have now had your extensions with another salon they should now last you until the time when you were expecting to make your next appointment.
I am however prepared to give you a 10% discount at your next appointment as a gesture of goodwill.

I'm really sorry but without having seen your hair for myself it's impossible for me to ascertain what could have caused your problem.
It's actually against my policy to offer a refund without seeing a client, but as you are a valued client i was prepared to make an exception in this instance.
However, as you have now had your extensions with another salon they should now last you until the time when you were expecting to make your next appointment.
I am however prepared to give you a 10% discount at your next appointment as a gesture of goodwill.

that is much better then what i wrote..

its friendly but to the point. il use this next time (hopefully not to soon)

but its good thanks.

p.s. had a look at your salon photos there lovelys

Last edited:
she said she has taken it out and will get it redone before she comes bk so i cant check it..
she set a pic and she was holding the extensions to show were it was loose (assume it was her pic is from the back)..

i said if she comes in by end of oct (she is back the 19th from what she told me before) i will re-do with another method..

i know she was going away as she mentioned it before..

im thinking id have to put some sort of time limit on her coming into salon for it to be redone for free and not in 8 weeks when her ones in america need to redone..
i would have liked to see in person but i cant as she said she doesnt have it in..

I had a problem with hair extensions and had them took out and I never got a refund just attitude. - to be honest it wasnt a refund i was after - just my hair back in properly.

You are not in anyway obliged to offer her a refund. All you have to do is offer to re-do them and she has declined thus being uneligiable for money back.

She entered into a contract with you for a set of hair extensions and so long as she has them then you have no further obligation.

Kate x

I"m a little late on this, sorry.
BUT, here's my 2c for what it's worth.

ZERO refund and certainly ZERO rebate.
Why?
A) she didn't follow your advice in the first place... and so problematic results are her own fault
B) if she didn't follow your advice, what are the odds that she didn't follow appropriate home care???? pretty high, I'd say... which again will cause problematic results.

That's just me... but there are so many out there that never want to follow advice, they mess things up and then go around bad mouthing us because THEY are the dingbats...:rolleyes:
Who needs it. You work hard and spend plenty on strock without having to give away time and product.

Had it been a long term client with whom you had a good relationship and you KNEW she followed home care advice... then I would make an exception.
Otherwise.. no.

Latest posts

Back