Help with backscratchers extreme glaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolo30

Reaction score
Hi guys hope you can help me. Im new to this site and find it great. Please can someone advise what causes lifting aroung the cuticle area using this system I have stayed 1/16 away but I am still getting some lifting. Please advise

Hi,
What are you using to Prepare the nail?
I get clients to wash in Hygienic Elegance first then I use a good cuticle remover on that cuticle area to get rid of any debris that will cause lifting. I then get em to Hygienic Elegance again to rid the nail of Cuticle Remover. I use Creative Cuticle Remover as I believe this to be the most efficient one for the job!
Hope thats a bit of help to ya?

Yup me to

The hygeine elegance on its own is not enough prep.

Make sure you are REALLY thourough with removing all the cuticle tissue off the nail plate with a good cuticle remover and cuticle knife or other similar tool. Then you MUST wash it off - with hygeine elegance if you wish.

Dry thoroughly ....apply - Double dipping seems to work better for strength see my recent thread !!

HTH

Ambxxxxx

Thanks for the response I think I will need to look at my prep again. Im quite careful as I specialize in gel nails and prep again is very important. Is there anything else you may think could cause this.

Personally Carole...Im inclined to think it is PREP, only because I initially had a few clients where I had just used the Hygienic Elegance and lifting was evident. Supernail do say that this is a one step nail sanitiser blah blah but honestly, on its own I dont believe its enough . I looked at my PREP again and implemented the Cuticle Eraser (its eversuch good value as a little goes a long way!) and now I have very little lifting.

Is it just happening to one client or is this on yourself? Both hands?
I have Extreme Glaze on (new set) and have had them on for about 2 weeks with no lifting at all.
Is the overlay thick around the cuticle? I apply and dip in zones in effect...maybe making that zone 3 area a bit thinner might help?
Hope you suss it Carole....keep at it!
:Love:

Thanks again. Well my friend has used this system for a very long time and doesnt know another system. She did my nails before Xmas and they lasted 4 weeks no lifting etc. As i was looking to try something I decided to try extreme glaze. So I have tried it only on myself first. I have also noticed that if i look closley I can see what looks like little bits of the powder? My application is not thick around the cuticle quite the opposite. Also my friend did dip twice in the powder i dont know if that makes a difference. She is on holiday just now so cant ask her. Your help is appreciated

Hi

when you have dipped you need to brush your resin over quite quickly as it can sometimes look a bit 'cloudy' otherwise.

I agree with everyone else where prep is concerned, you can never be thorough enough.
To be honest i use scrub fresh when i prep for all the systems i use, its far more economical to only have one type of prep in rather than loads of others.

Hi

This is great, I am currently looking at Tip & Dip systems as I keep getting asked for it. But like Little Angel I swear by scrubfresh and use it before/during all systems including manicure and pedicure.. I love it and so do my clients as thier nails dont lift and thier polish stays on for ages, it's worth a try it works for me!

Paula Ross said:
Hi

This is great, I am currently looking at Tip & Dip systems as I keep getting asked for it. But like Little Angel I swear by scrubfresh and use it before/during all systems including manicure and pedicure.. I love it and so do my clients as thier nails dont lift and thier polish stays on for ages, it's worth a try it works for me!

You are absolutely right luv!
I would be totally lost without scrubfresh! :D
Its my "desert island" product!
I use it before all enamelling, all enhancement procedures! etc....U just cant beat it!!!
:D
I only use Hygienic Elegance because its a handwash which claims to dehydrate too! (ohh and its smells nice and clean too!)....but its not sufficient for me! You really need more than this offers alone, in terms of preparation.
However Hygienic Elegance is a great anti bac handwash to boot and I have a fullsize in my bathroom at home for mucky 6yr old son's!!!

Latest posts

Back