Help with my brush!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspirationails

Reaction score
Hello Can anyone help me. I have been using my new Crystal Touch Pro Styler for over 3 weeks now, all seemed fine but now evey time I use it the end keeps sticking together and I have to soak it in my Retention Liquid to remove a clump of -well I'm not sure what it is. I did prep my brush the way I was taught to on 4 day course and tried to make sure all the glue came out of the brush. :confused:
Is there anything I can do to stop this? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Many thanks

This is usually always a sign of using too wet a mix or brushing too long and too much over semi cured surface which allows the brush to pick up a sticky residue.

Not to do this all the time, but you can - as an emergency measure - swish the brush in some ScrubFresh (pour some out and do not contaminate the bottle) then dry thoroughly and remove any bits that are still stuck in the brush. Be very careful and gentle removing hem ... this is a quick way to ruin an expensive tool.

This usually strips any gunge out of a manky brush.

Did you loosen and clean off the initial waxy residue from your new brush? When new you should place a wipe around the bristles and bend the brush back and forth to release the waxy residue from the bristles. Once loosened, brush dry on a wipe till all the blobs of wax are gone. Then proceed with dipping to rid air bubbles. If the wax is left on the brush it can get all clogged up and render your brush quite useless. Just something Anthony Buckley told us on a recent educator course. Something that I was never aware of previously.

Regards

Thank you geeg, I shall give it a try.

Hi Gina

I did spend 20 mins losening the wax from my brush, I did this until I couldn't see any more white residue on it, then I prepped it in liquid to get the air bubbles out. It was ok when I used it the first 4 times, but it may may as geeg said my beed might be too wet or I'm goind over already dry surface.

Thanks for your advice.

Latest posts

Back