Help with spray tan extractor fans!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty-treats

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Hoping for some advice. I have a very small client base for tanning and only tend to do 1 or 2 clients at a time so i have never really needed an extractor fan. However, I did my first tanning party of 5 and noticed a fair amount of overspray. It worried me slightly that i was ruining the hostesses furnishings!!! Business has picked up a bit and I now have a second tanning party booked so I'm thinking it might be a wise idea to invest in a fan. Does anyone have any suggestions of one that is small and not too expensive (like i say, i don't have a huge client base and it won't be used all the time) I wondered if the Turbo Twister Mobile unit would be a good idea? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
The next couple of questions will sound stupid but i will ask them anyway...Does the fan really sit inside and at the back of the tent? Won't it get covered in tan? Is this really messy?! Will it work just as well outside the door facing inwards?
Thanks guys!! x

Why do you have over spray? Perhaps try adjusting your gun first . You shouldn't really if you spraying. If you are using a spray tent then that's perfect. If you worried about her carpet then perhaps place a large towel infront and to the sides if you think it may over spray.
I would try that before splashing out on a fan.

I use the turbo twister mobile extractor unit on every tan. I would never do a tan without one now after seeing just how much it sucks up and I have my gun set correctly. Also clients always comment on how the extractor is such a great idea, and very professional. A quick tip though always put a piece of couch roll or similar under the unit when using and I always pop it inside a black bin bag during transport.

i'm very interested in this x

Hi everyone,
I know this thread is a little dated but wondered if anyone can recommend a good extractor fan? I run a small beauty school and currently do the tanning courses in a local salon - this agreement is due to end come August and I need to get a purpose built area for tanning. My problem is I'm renting a large room but have limited access to water supply for putting in a shower, as I would have liked, also where the water supply is located I couldn't fit in a shower due to exit doors . Any suggestions on both designated tanning areas and good extractor fans? thanks in advance!!!

Latest posts

Back