Help with starting business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenCoyle

Reaction score
Hello,

just hoping someone can help, i have got a nail desk to rent and i am not sure who to inform. I spoke to creative and they said to go to my local council.
Also i am going to be paying 70pound a week for my my desk in a beauty salon in quite a good area, what do you think does this sound o.k
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance

Helen
icon_lol.gif

Hiya

I am in west yorkshire, but it depends which part, if you were in Leeds, Wakefeild, Halifax, Bradford etc then i think £70 a week is ok, if you are in a smaller town e.g Rothwell, Castleford, Normanton,Outwood etc then it may be a tad expensive............are you supplying all products?, will they be doing the advertising? How many days can you open? Is the room well ventilated? Do you have extraction fitted to yur desk?

I dont think you need to contact anyone if you are just renting a space only an accountant to sort out your National Insurance and your Tax.

Amanda

Lily said:
Hiya

I am in west yorkshire, but it depends which part, if you were in Leeds, Wakefeild, Halifax, Bradford etc then i think £70 a week is ok, if you are in a smaller town e.g Rothwell, Castleford, Normanton,Outwood etc then it may be a tad expensive............are you supplying all products?, will they be doing the advertising? How many days can you open? Is the room well ventilated? Do you have extraction fitted to yur desk?

I dont think you need to contact anyone if you are just renting a space only an accountant to sort out your National Insurance and your Tax.

Amanda

i agree with lily not sure what the council involvment would be?l

Hi there

I don't think you need to contact the council, but make sure you have your insurance ;) Do you have any clients to take with you, or is there any waiting for you. Don't forget £70 is a lot if you have no clients that week. Maybe you can strike a deal, where for the first 6 months you pay a percentage of what you take , and then when you have built up a strong clientle you can then pay the £70. I assume you will be using your own products.

Good luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back