Help with toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strawberry21

Reaction score
hi guys!
I trained in hairdressing 17yrs ago and have been mobile for 5yrs. I attend refresher courses but find the colour ones are rarely available.
I find this site great for learning and finding out new things. One thing I am scared at the thought of is 'toners'!!
None of my clients require this but I have a new client that wants her hair bleached then toned!?
We did not and were not trained on this and would be so grateful if one of you guys could help explain, as in general what are the steps etc.I have a kind of idea but would like to hear your professional tips.

I have been wanting to ask this for ages...:eek:

if their wanting more of the white blonde which, after shampoo , put toner on best one i find is the redken 9v in EQ shades , or white shade of pale fudge if can get hold of redken , they dont need long if the hair is already light any areas were there are more yellow /orange area leave on for bit longer . you will find with the redken 9v this one you need to keep an eye on it as left to long get blue look to the hair , if unsure just leave for few mins rinse towel dry and if need again keep re applying

Hi, I trained about the same time and came back into hairdressing from a little while away and was terrified of bleach and toning, After advice from this site which I couldn't live without now I went out and bought Wella Blondor with their 20vol & 30vol peroxcide and for the toner loreal diacolor 9.01 with a colour releaser (fantastic) and so simple just lift the hair to a pale yellow and apply the toner for a few mins and you have a lovley fresh blonde.
If the hair has been previously bleached and the ends are already very light just avoid these areas if you can as the toner can grab and go to grey but if this happens just mix a little bleach with water and apply to the ends and it will remove it, The best thing I have done is buy a pack of brown hair extension on e-bay and bleached them up at different levels and applied the toners and see what they do, It meant I could sleep at night again ah ah as I was terrified xxx

Latest posts

Back