Help with wording a text for No Show clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
Had a no show client this morning and am having trouble wording a text.
Its usually only new clients who let me down so I want to say that because they have missed an appointment (that could have gone to someone else) I would require a deposit for any future bookings.
I'm struggling because no matter how I phrase it, it sounds rude (probably because I'm really ticked off)!
Although I'm annoyed, it is a potential new client who may have a genuine reason for not attending so don't want to put them off forever!
Can anyone give me an idea of how to word so they know its not acceptable but I'm really quite nice and would like you to re-book (with a deposit)! Lol

I get a fair few fake bookings which is in y case why they are no shows. I know who is doing it but cannot do anything about it and I refuse to sink to their level.I also get real clients booking that cannot be bothered to turn up or ''forget''...though how you forget an appointment you made so soon I have no idea.:rolleyes:

If it is a brand new, never attended before client and they are a total no show, I call and if they don't answer, I leave a voicemal and/or I send them a text advising them of our t & cs and advise that they now owe x amount for the missed appointment, they never get back because they are not genuine and then I add their details to a list and know never to re book them.

Regular clients I always give the benefit of the doubt. How did the no show book?

Thanks for that.

Well I'm embarrassed to say she did show up! Her appointment was at 11 and I had it in my head it was 10AM. Oops!

However, my original query is still relevant and if anyone can help, I will save the message to use in the future.

I've done that before, rang a client asking why she hadn't been able to make her appointment and she was like .. erm its in a an hour ... oh the shame!! Lol

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I know what you mean about sounding rude. I always ring and leave a voicemail if I get a no show, something along the lines of 'hi it's .... you had an appointment with me at ..... for ...... please could you give me a call back to let me know if you would like to reschedule' if they call back I then explain that they need to give 24 hours notice for cancellations, and I'll send them a reminder text on the morning of the day of their appointment. If they mess me around twice however I always say that I will now need 100% deposit for any future bookings.

Once I can understand, although annoying. Twice takes the p*** and I won't stand for it!

Hope that helps a little.
Rhiannon x

Can anyone give me an idea of how to word so they know its not acceptable but I'm really quite nice and would like you to re-book (with a deposit)! Lol

Give us an example of the text you have written and maybe we can 'soften' it up a bit. :)

Give us an example of the text you have written and maybe we can 'soften' it up a bit. :)

OI! TIMEWASTER!! YOU FORGOT YOUR APPOINTMENT:evil:
If you would like to rebook your appointment with cuddlykitten beauty, please call the salon on________, however will will require a deposit for your future bookings:lol:

oi! Timewaster!! You forgot your appointment:evil:
If you would like to rebook your appointment with cuddlykitten beauty, please call the salon on________, however will will require a deposit for your future bookings:lol:

love it! :)

I love the first bit :wink2:

That's pretty much what I had (although I called them something other than "TIMEWASTER"!! :lol:

Right, the text I had was:

You had an appointment at 10am this morning but failed to attend. If you would like to reschedule please get it touch. If you do wish to rebook, please be aware that a £X deposit will be required to secure your appointment.

Lmfao!! :lol:

That's pretty much what I had (although I called them something other than "TIMEWASTER"!! :lol:

Right, the text I had was:

You had an appointment at 10am this morning but failed to attend. If you would like to reschedule please get it touch. If you do wish to rebook, please be aware that a £X deposit will be required to secure your appointment.

I think that is very well worded. It doesn't sound rude and gets straight to the point. Firm but fair. I may even use this as a template myself if that's ok with you :hug:

It's the 'failed to attend' bit that could be read a bit harshly if there is a genuine reason......

Personally I would ring and leave a polite voicemail and follow up with a text..... How does this sound instead?

'Just to let you know I was expecting you at 10am for our scheduled appointment. If you would like to reschedule please get it touch. If you do wish to rebook, please be aware that a £X deposit will be required to secure your appointment.'

A bit softer but makes it clear that your time has been wasted.....

Hth's

It's the 'failed to attend' bit that could be read a bit harshly if there is a genuine reason......

Personally I would ring and leave a polite voicemail and follow up with a text..... How does this sound instead?

'Just to let you know I was expecting you at 10am for our scheduled appointment. If you would like to reschedule please get it touch. If you do wish to rebook, please be aware that a £X deposit will be required to secure your appointment.'

A bit softer but makes it clear that your time has been wasted.....

Hth's

Very nicely put! :)

I tend to let it slide if a new client misses an appt and then re-books, however if they were to let me down again I would require a 50% deposit on their next booking.

However, I have been lucky as not had to implement this yet!

I usually send something like this:

Hello .........., this is a courtesy text to inform you that you missed your appointment with me at ...... today. Hope you are OK?
Please call if you would like to re-arrange. Kind regards .........

And this is why we love you!

I always do a courtesy call the day before to remind clients of their appointments, especially if its a big appointment....i have hardly any no shows because of it, it also adds that wee personal touch as well,
give it wee try and see how it works for you. xx

Thanks everyone.

That's all really helped.

Can't see the previous posts here but to the geek who asked if they could use the wording? Of course!

Ha Ha love it!!!

I always send a text appointment reminder the day before expecially for new clients and existing clients other than those i know are 110% reliable.

Since doing this I've found I've not had the problem of no shows.

Heather x

Latest posts

Back