Henna Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson1

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am getting asked if we can do Henna tattoos on kids (the kind you get on holiday) Does anyone know where I can find more info about it or if you need to do a course etc?

One of the most important things is to make sure that you get genuine henna for doing the designs on the skin, as sometimes the chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) is sold as "black henna" and this can cause severe skin reactions.

A good supplier of genuine henna is Henna Boy, Henna Boy Ltd - Natural Henna For Hair, Indigo, Amla, Cassia Obovata and more... - that site should also have info about how to prepare the henna, as you need to make it up beforehand, and it only lasts for a day or so once made up.

I think some colleges offer courses in henna body art - this might be your best port of call to start with if you want to get a recognised qualification in henna design.

I did a henna course with an independant tutor, but my insurance company wouldn't accept it.

As Ruth says, do not buy black, it is dangerous and can cause permanent scarring.

colleges sometimes offer it as a short CPD course.

Sorry can't help, and wouldn't recommend you have my tutor, he worked abroad doing these henna tattoos at holiday resorts, so obviously knew what he was doing, but he was a **** teacher. And I know I should have checked with my insurance company first, but really wanted to do the course.

Don't forget that if you are working on children you will need a current CRB check and parental permission.

Latest posts

Back