Hey all, Newbie here :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey all!
I'm just working my last week in the salon, and will be starting up as a freelance hair stylist within the next couple of weeks!
i have re-bought most of my equipment as preparation, because, as most of you will agree, most of the tools (combs & clips) you take into the salon, disappear before you get the chance to take them home!
However, the next step, is deciding which products i should use and what all of you have used and would recommend and why!
I'm looking into doing Brazilian blow dries at home... the obvious choice was Kerastraight, being one of the most well known, and having used it in the salon before, and knowing it can be used not only to straighten and relax curl, but just as a conditioning product, preserving all existing curl in the hair...
Have any of you used Kerastraight and other products, and could you give me any advice and recommendations of products i should use!

I am also looking into using the Kitoko styling range and the Affinage colours (both of which are ASP products), having used them a bit in the salon, does anyone have any experience with these, or recommend any particularly good colours i could try out at home.

I am trying to put a natural/environmentally friendly spin on my business as i dont drive so, will be walking to clients and, where necessary, using public transport, so if anyone has any information of products that could tie in with this, that would be great!

Sorry for the long read! :)

Hi Perry,

Good luck with the freelance work! I have done it for over 30 years. One thing I would say is to join the Freelance Hair & Beauty Federation which you will find at www.fhbf.org.uk

I have been a member since it first started & it will really help you to get in touch with other freelancers and keep you well informed with what is going on in the sector. With Salon coming to London next month you may find it good to go there and see what is on sale product wise.

If you want to message me - feel free & all the best :)

Back