Hive tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesbeauty

Reaction score
  1. Hi im hoping someone can give me some advice.

I had a phonecall this morning regarding a client who has had irritation from eyelash tint and eyebrow tint. Itching and irritated eyes and brows. She had it done a week ago and lasted for 2-3days after. All is ok now after using eye drops which the chemist reccommended. I have done this lady manytimes before without any problems and obviously patch tested when she first started coming.

So the only difference i can think of is that hive have recently changed their packaging and larger size tube. I used the new packagingon her brows but still have the old packagingfor blue/black which i used on her lashes.

I did ask my wholesalers at the time of purchasing if the tint has had changes in the ingredients and was told they hadnt been informed of any.

I rang hive this morning and they also confirmed that there are no changes of the ingredients, only the packaging.

Could my client of had a reaction to something else she may of used? But seemed strange she had irritation on the areas i tinted.

The only other thing i can mention is that she is going through a difficult time at the moment with family health issues and she said could it be down to stress?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated and what next steps would you do? I have suggested another patch test and if all is ok with that is to do eyebrows only first and then see how she gets on with that?

Sorry for long post. Many thanks

It sounds like an allergic reaction from what you have described but you’d need to refer her to her GP for confirmation. It’s surprisingly common to become sensitive to a product you have been using many times without any problems. Hairdressers are supposed to patch test their clients very regularly when colouring their hair and some colour houses recommend patch testing before every application of colour.

I’d speak to your insurers before continuing to see what they advise. If you think about it from an insurance point of view, she has now notified you of a definite reaction in that area and ordinarily that would be classed as a contra-indication and prevent you offering the service to her.

Latest posts

Back