Hollywood advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossy_beauty

Reaction score
I have recently completed intermate waxing course.
I have now done a few Hollywood's but I really don't feel confident doing it. It takes me over an hour sometimes to do it.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on doing intermate waxes. Any tips to do it quicker? Any advice would be very much appreciated because I'm feeling really rubbish about it!! :-(

What is it that you're not confident about? Is it technique or just the whole intimacy of the treatment? Are your clients pleased with the outcome? Ultimately, if they are returning for repeat treatments then you're probably doing ok. I believe that good training should breed confidence and if you haven't got that, why not contact the trainer and discuss this with them?

Is it that you don't feel confident because it's an intimate area and you feel weird about it or you don't feel confident in technique?
I think it's like anything- the more you do the better and quicker you get but I found with intimate waxing that you've just got to get stuck in and get the wax on and get it off again.
It's important to make sure your technique/ stretches are firm so the client feels like you know what you're doing even if you feel like you don't! I've had so many intimate waxes on myself that have felt awkward because the therapist hasn't felt confident. You don't want to be down there any longer than you have to so get it on and get it off!
It also depends what training you've had too?I trained with Kim lawless and I felt ready and confident to wax as soon as I left that day and now it's one of my favourite things to do.
Also what wax are you using? That can also make a difference. Xx

Are you using hot wax? It's all practice. Make sure you are doing narrow thin strips and work your way in. Whilst one strip is setting apply your next. Work in a rhythm :) always use oil under the hot wax too!

Is it that you don't feel confident because it's an intimate area and you feel weird about it or you don't feel confident in technique?
I think it's like anything- the more you do the better and quicker you get but I found with intimate waxing that you've just got to get stuck in and get the wax on and get it off again.
It's important to make sure your technique/ stretches are firm so the client feels like you know what you're doing even if you feel like you don't! I've had so many intimate waxes on myself that have felt awkward because the therapist hasn't felt confident. You don't want to be down there any longer than you have to so get it on and get it off!
It also depends what training you've had too?I trained with Kim lawless and I felt ready and confident to wax as soon as I left that day and now it's one of my favourite things to do.
Also what wax are you using? That can also make a difference. Xx
I trained with Kim too and would certainly recommend her as she gives you that confidence and shows you how to deal with others' embarrassment

ok, firstly.... Breathe.. sometimes we just need a little practice to get up to a faster speed. Have you contacted your trainer and asked if there are any refresher options for you?

Have you looked into other waxes? sometimes a little rejig helps xx

Latest posts

Back