Hollywood lash skin test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regards to the patch test, shouldnt you check with the manufacturers & the training provider on how THEY recomend the patch test is applied to make it correct?

Id also worry theres issue with an untrained (albeit proffessional hairdresser) applying the patch test without lash training.

As you havent recieved formal training in applying the patch test, could the client claim the patch test is invalid?

I trained with Nouveau lashes who teach to apply 2/3 false lashes on each eye with the products you will be using to test.

Another lash girl im friends with was taught to apply glue straight to the skin.

And a lash company I follow (but dont use the products) sell smallish tubes of glue & micro brushes to send to the client through the post to test themselves...

I dont mean to worry you, but I think you need to clarify whos applying the patch tests in future, not just how to do them xx

Edited to add more info xx
Yes. These have now been changed according to the guidelines set out by Hollywood. So I am no longer doing the skin tests.
Initially we were skin testing much like your friend directly onto the skin.

So using that method I didn't think I would need a qualification, it's exactly how we skin test hair colour.

Latest posts

Back