hollywood nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

comments?
are these nss?
do they use drills?
x

I'm guessing this question is following your 'conversation' with someone on the Slimming forum and your other post about back up!!????

Never heard of them as they're in Newcastle and I'm in Brighton :lol:

Everyone on here is too professional to say anything bad about another salon specificially anyway - if anyone has heard anything they might PM you, I don't know of any Newcastle Techs on here??

HTH
Trin
xx

ive never seen newcastle one but seen one in sunderland-in fact went in for a mooch and a pricelist

it stunk!
really strong
im sure i saw frills
they all had dust masks
i just remember feeling wary of it when i went and wondered of its reputation

did find this tho:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2679&highlight=hollywood+nails

dont kno if its the same thimg?
x

there is a salon in about 8 miles from me called Hollywod nails and this is a nss.

Not sure if its a chain or not though.

IM GUNA SOUND REALLY THICK BUT WHAT DOES NSS MEAN???

non standard salon
x

buttonmoon54321 said:
ive never seen newcastle one but seen one in sunderland-in fact went in for a mooch and a pricelist

it stunk!
really strong
im sure i saw frills
they all had dust masks and a few of them were chinese

i just remember feeling wary of it when i went and wondered of its reputation

did find this tho:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2679&highlight=hollywood+nails

dont kno if its the same thimg?
x
Hi there
I personally think that wearing is dust mask is recommend for safety of any technician along with safety glasses (even though I don't :rolleyes: as I fell like a dork) but i would'n't judge someone on being a non standard salon because of the ethncity or because there wear a mask, this is only my opinion mind...

also I find the the inexpensive end of the monomers on the market can be more odorous than others...anyway I wouldn't worry about what they are doing just concern youself with your work if you know what I mean :wink2:

youve got me wrong-
i wear a dust mask
but i have never been anywhere that smelt this bad-not sure if there was any ventilation at all
im not suggesting because of their ethnic origin that they were nss

but all of what my eyes saw made me a bit suspiscious
didnt look very clean and such like

anyway didnt mean any offence
xxx

I am in Leicester and in out town center there is Miss Nails and Hollywood Nails.

I went to Hollywood Nails b4 i was trained (didn't know any better) and the guys in there had nail extensions (not enhancements as they didn't enhance anything) and they filled them to a point, this is what they used to push my cuticle back with !!!!

It was smelly, dirty and at no point did i see any barbicide !! the guys spoke very little English and just instructed me to DRY DRY pointing to a normal desk lamp to put my nails under.

It was cheep, quick and rammed....sadly thats some of the what the unknowing want, cheep and quick, shame...

Also they where rock hard, again the public thinks this is great but now i know that this is unsafe as they are so hard they ripped my own nail off when i caught it.

Yes drills where used, i don't have a problem with drills if the person using them has been properly trained, however after seeing how they did everything else i doubt it.

I don't know what can be done about these places but something should be. And whenever i try to educate people about them they look at me as if i am just bitter, so what can you do.

sorry its so long, but i dislike these places with a passion.

xxxx

buttonmoon54321 said:
ive never seen newcastle one

hi buttonmoon
i have heard about one in newcastle somewhere, but i dont know where it is,
where abouts in the north east are you from, cause im from gateshead, just wondering if your anywhere near me.

Just down from Woolworths, Newgate Street. I've had a couple of their ex-customers. They are always busy, they are cheap and quick, a lot of people want this.

I have hollywood nails in my town, I also went there before I qualified, and I do believe they are an nss. They use drills, they cut my fingers quite bad and I have gained a few of their clients through their bad workmanship.

Hollywood nails is a huge chain of shops, they were also at excel last yr, how scarey is that!

Sarah Lou said:
Hollywood nails is a huge chain of shops, they were also at excel last yr, how scarey is that!

Beware Geeks !

According to the floor plan that came with my badge, it appears they have a stand this year too :Scared:

No way they have a stand at excell thought it was for professionals???? If they use this dodgy stuff how can they get a stand?

IS the Hollywood Nails company the same as the Hollywood Nails salons you are referring to? As far as I was aware Hollywood Nails (company) had only one salon in Peckham that ran alongside the business.

Maybe I'm wrong but Hollywood Nails is quite a common name??????

Clare

Oceana said:
IS the Hollywood Nails company the same as the Hollywood Nails salons you are referring to? As far as I was aware Hollywood Nails (company) had only one salon in Peckham that ran alongside the business.

Maybe I'm wrong but Hollywood Nails is quite a common name??????

Clare

Hiya,
There is Hollywood Nails near me in West Yorkshire, i think its just a common name, although i have heard of really bad reports e.g. clients are treat like a conveyor belt, one tech does prep and ti the other does L&P application and someone else finishes:irked:

But they are cheap and are allways busy!!!!

Amanda

Theres a Hollywood Nails in colchester too, you guessed it - NSS!!! I've seen such awful nails from this place and have had plenty of clients who have been there with raw nails, cuts, drill ridges etc

And yes there is a stand here named Hollywood Nails but not sure if it's to do with the salons!!!

i also have a price list/flyer if i would be allowed (and if i knew how) to post it on here

any advice?
x

sorry they are not very clear-is this the same as your local hollywood nails or not?

x

Latest posts

Back