Hollywood waxing whilst having pregnancy worries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyl

Reaction score
hi guys, would love some advanced waxers advice, not sure if Kim Lawless is still on here but I trained with her a couple of years ago, all is good but one of my regular clients (who is good friends with the therapist that works with me) wants a Hollywood, she has suffered 2 miscarriages within the last 6-8 months, she is now 3 months pregnant, problem is she has had some breakthrough bleeding and has been signed off work and told not to lift her daughter, Hoover, anything more strenuous than normal day to day stuff, they said the placenta is below the baby?? Anyway she still really wants a Hollywood, I first said no but she said she rang her midwife and she said it's absolutely fine, now putting aside the fact that I would feel very uncomfortable doing it, can it be done??? And would all of the intimate waxers here do it? Am I just being silly because I know her background? xx thanks in advance guys xxx

If it was me I wouldn't. Certainly not without written consent from either midwife or gp.

There is nothing logically that would harm a pregnancy but having suffered the trauma of miscarriage I know that you constantly look for a reason. If her pregnancy is secure so far then surely she can put up with a hairy fairy for a bit. At what stage did she miscarry? I'd probably be a lot happier doing her when there's a big fat baby wriggling around in there than when she's just coming out of the high risk stage x

She miscarried before at 5 weeks and 6 weeks I think, quite early on, I did her a wax 6 weeks ago when she must have been 6 weeks gone but I didn't know, its more the fact that in the last week she has had breakthrough bleeding and now they have told her about the placenta thing and signing her off work, I would rather wait till she's a lot further on but she's quite pushy and don't want to seem like I'm overreacting if her and her midwife says it's fine x

Personally, I would not do it.

I wouldn't do something that personally makes you feel uncomfortable!

Like you've said you know her background could you not explain to her that it would make you feel uneasy God forbid anything did happen that (touching wood as we speak) she might try and find blame?

I also agree with you @squidgernetball when you've been in that position you look back at everything you've been doing to try and find the reason to why! X

I would do it if she turned up with a note from her midwife or GP to say it was ok. Otherwise it'd be a no until she's a good few months further on in the pregnancy.

Ok thanks guys, I've told her I'll donor in another few weeks with a note xxx

Latest posts

Back