Holographic powder not working!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktjane86

Reaction score
Hi I purchased some holographic powder I do the same steps as applying the chrome but the holographic powder just slides of and doesn't stick, I've got a client today too wanting it [emoji20]

If you just use a normal gel topcoat and wipe the sticky layer off with a dry lint free wipe then put it the powder on with a sponge tip then it should work!

I've tried that because that's how I put the normal chrome powder on, I'm not sure if it's a bit dodgy its from eBay !

Are the grains coarser and require a bit of sticky layer to stick to? Try not wiping the top Coat as much?

I have the same problem! The best thing I do, is use a non wipe topcoat, then apply and rub in with your finger! Seems to grip the powered better and apply better xx

I'm in the middle now of giving these methods ago now xx

I had the same problem yesterday with the holo. I just got it so was having a play. I found I needed a fair bit on the applicator for it to work. At first it was just wiping straight off, then I added more & it worked.

I have some holo powder from the US which is awesome. Tried some cheaper stuff from EBay and it isn't as good. It does work for burnishing though into the sticky layer so not a total waste.

I purchase some from eBay the holographic and it doesn't work it is just plain holographic glitter... you probably got the same I got :-(

I have this problem with magpies holo powder doesn't stick at all. Tried no wipe top coat, normal topcoat ans I used my finger and eyeshadow applicator :(

Crome you use a non wipe top coat. I'm finding with the holo powder i have i rub straight on the colour straight out of the lamp. No wiping, no top coat.

Ended buying another one, from eBay again, this time the description said genuine in it, and guess what it worked, I must have had a dodgy one , xx

I have this problem with magpies holo powder doesn't stick at all. Tried no wipe top coat, normal topcoat ans I used my finger and eyeshadow applicator :(

You have to apply Magpie Halo powder to the sticky inhibition layer.

Latest posts

Back