Home Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hi

I know the Essential Nails home learn courses have been mentioned and covered in previous posts, and ive read them.

BUT ...

I am due to finish my VTCT training in 3 weeks time. Once I have finished the course I will be "qualified" in Gels, L&P, Sculpting and Fibre-glass nails.

My problem is that although I will be qualified in all these systems I really havent a clue on how to do L&P, sculpting or fibre-glass. I know the basics but thats about as far as it goes because we have really concentrated on Gel nails and the rest has been down to us to practise at home.

So I have been reading on here about the EN courses and I was thinking about buying the L&P home study course to give me a more in depth look at how to do it.

I feel confident with Gel nails all I need now is more practise at it. But I really dont know how to do l&p and I would like to be able to offer this service as well. I know at my current level I can not offer this service. I have books on how to do L&P but I was thinking maybe the home course would be better.

I want to go with Creative in the future but at the moment home commitments and work wont allow me the time.

I already have a nail trainer and all L&p products, but I thought that if I bought the home learn course because it has the video step by step guide, it would be more useful to me because then I can go-back to it and watch as and when necessary. Because I havent a clue on bead control, how to get the correct mix of the L&P etc etc

Your opinions would be great!

Thanks

Debbie xxx

Hi Debbie,
I find it hard to believe that you will be qualified in all 3 systems but have only covered one, Not your fault but the comapnay or colleges you've trained at. You are doing the right thing to redo a course in the other 2 systems.

Why don't you wait a while until you have the time to put towards doing a creative course rather than doing another course. Otherwise your going to be spending a fortune in the long run.

I have to say that i have just about completed a VTCT Nail Technician Course and the tutor is pretty terrible. She has only shown how to apply the acrylic once and if it hadn't been for me doing a creative foundation i wouldn't have a clue! The only reason i did the VTCT was for the qualification and the nail art.

I have done other VTCT courses and they have been great!

welshrarebit said:
Hi

I know the Essential Nails home learn courses have been mentioned and covered in previous posts, and ive read them.

BUT ...

I am due to finish my VTCT training in 3 weeks time. Once I have finished the course I will be "qualified" in Gels, L&P, Sculpting and Fibre-glass nails.

My problem is that although I will be qualified in all these systems I really havent a clue on how to do L&P, sculpting or fibre-glass. I know the basics but thats about as far as it goes because we have really concentrated on Gel nails and the rest has been down to us to practise at home.

So I have been reading on here about the EN courses and I was thinking about buying the L&P home study course to give me a more in depth look at how to do it.

I feel confident with Gel nails all I need now is more practise at it. But I really dont know how to do l&p and I would like to be able to offer this service as well. I know at my current level I can not offer this service. I have books on how to do L&P but I was thinking maybe the home course would be better.

I want to go with Creative in the future but at the moment home commitments and work wont allow me the time.

I already have a nail trainer and all L&p products, but I thought that if I bought the home learn course because it has the video step by step guide, it would be more useful to me because then I can go-back to it and watch as and when necessary. Because I havent a clue on bead control, how to get the correct mix of the L&P etc etc

Your opinions would be great!

Thanks

Debbie xxx

hi Welshrarebit
maybe can check out the Forums it's at the top of your page, then scroll down to nail geek tutorial, there's some really interesting reading on l&p sculpting and more.
i think if you absorb this information it would be good for you before you start your class,Knowledge is Power.

O MI Watsit! as you see, i'm a newbie geek, please tell me, whats L&P? why don't i know this?! :o :?: :green:

You can just buy the teaching DVD from essential nails without doing the actual course ( at least you could last year) i think its about £30

im doing the essential nails L+P course right now and I think you get it almost £100 cheaper if you dont need a nail trainer. I have found that doing this course along with all the learning available on this website has really been fantastic. I would recommend it if you want to do something now and not put it on hold until you can train with creative x x x

Dont worry ruth, t
i havent a clue what l&p is either!!!

all you need to do with essential nails is buy the dvd and the conversian course which is £95 and you still get a qualification

I think Essential Nails are fab- especially for those with limited time to attend college.

I have an EN Gel Course waiting for me when I return home, but I wish I had kept my pennies and put them towards a Creative course. EN are great as a starter and getting a feel for a course, but I think (and hope) I will be so much more confident after being in the hands of the Creative team!

Its your choice hun, but it makes sense to save the money you would have paid out to EN and put it towards a Creative course- I think you may benefit more in the long-term.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best :D

Love and hugs

l and p stands for liquid and powder, otherwise known as the acrylic system
hope that helps ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

If you check on Ebay from time to time some people sell of the bits of their EN courses like DVD/Videos showing you what to do. Just an idea.

Latest posts

Back