home fake tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi peeps,
Right i wrote a thread a while back about having a spray tan done for my hols, since writing this i think i have decided to get a home tan, that way if it fades i can top it up myself on holiday.. The 2 i think ive narrowed it down to are st tropez and fake bake. ideally i would like a tan that is brown coloured so you can see where your putting it.
Now my questions, are either of there 2 brown cremes.
Would they be a suitable colour for someone who is very pale
how do i get a good result at home
best way to apply and how long do they take to dry?
what about dry areas knees/elbows etc..

oh p.s any other thoughts on any other tans would also be good
Many thanks xx
Donna

also rather confusinly st tropez seem to do, a mousse, lotion, body polish?? which is best and the easiest to apply?

Mousse is my favourite of all the methods, seems to go on most evenly.

I would choose Fake Bake over St Tropez but I also really like Savange Bronze, which they sell in Sally's. It's a nice colour, not too dark, and easy to apply (plus it smells nice). I'd deffo invest in one of the spongy applicator mitts, and make sure you have someone else to do your back.

Other than that the Palmer-Cutler It Is... mousse is nice.

Hi

One thing to think about is if your going to be using the swimming pool..! I had st tropez done for a holiday and asked if i would be ok to use the pool and she said it would be fine..!! I went swimming and my hubbie started laughing...it looked like i had a terrible skin disease. I had white and brown patches ALL over me. :o

I would try it before going on hols and go to the local pool and see what happens...!

nailfairy said:
Hi peeps,
Right i wrote a thread a while back about having a spray tan done for my hols, since writing this i think i have decided to get a home tan, that way if it fades i can top it up myself on holiday.. The 2 i think ive narrowed it down to are st tropez and fake bake. ideally i would like a tan that is brown coloured so you can see where your putting it.
Now my questions, are either of there 2 brown cremes.
Would they be a suitable colour for someone who is very pale
how do i get a good result at home
best way to apply and how long do they take to dry?
what about dry areas knees/elbows etc..

oh p.s any other thoughts on any other tans would also be good
Many thanks xx
Donna

vicky said:
Hi

One thing to think about is if your going to be using the swimming pool..! I had st tropez done for a holiday and asked if i would be ok to use the pool and she said it would be fine..!! I went swimming and my hubbie started laughing...it looked like i had a terrible skin disease. I had white and brown patches ALL over me. :o

I would try it before going on hols and go to the local pool and see what happens...!

Any fake tan is going to come off in chlorinated water, doesn't matter what brand you go for. Preparation is really important - the St Tropez body polish is an exfoliator, but I don't think it works very well (IMHO)! But you nedd to exfoliate carefully before you start. I like the rub in St Tropez (autobronzant) then top up when I need to with the Bronzing mist, just a quick spray over face and hands which seem to lose colour quickest.

has anyone tries the Soltan range for self tans at boots, you get the exfoliator, moisturiser, and the self tan all for only £4.99 only tiny sizes but might be worth a trial.

Dont wanna go real brown just nice golden colour

Hi,

I know everyone has their own views and experiences with tanning lotions and potions, but I would just like to share what happened to my dear friend Katy last week!! She got her mate (who was meant to be a pro!) to give her an all over body tanning session with the St.T range. Anyways, she turns up to group meeting the next day looking like somebody has just rubbed tea bags all over her face. Everyone was trying to hide the giggles, but I felt really bad for her. Now....this may have just been someone doing a bad job of things, she just looked so orange!!!!!

Maybe give the soltan range a go, and try it on a small patch of your body first? Let us know what you decide! Have a great weekend all. xx

piz buin foam by johnsons and jonhson used it for years dreis in minuites so you can get dresses and go out..

Su-do now also do a homecare range, from a 'tan in a can' to an airbrush home kit!!!
It is a fabulous colour for all skin tones!!

If you'd like more info on some of the products, PM me!!

Sue

Can recommend su do as i use the prfessional spraytan...imagine it is the same lotion used fro the professional airbrush as it is for the home tan. Not to sure about the spray in a can though...

Latest posts

Back