Home salon out in the sticks, can it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3llsb3lls

Reaction score
Opinions/advice please!

Me and my partner are moving to a cottage on the side of a hill in a small hamlet and i am expecting my first child. I have spent the last few years training in beauty and holistics but due to moving to a new area have not had much of a chance to build up a decent mobile business (i have a full time job in a non-beauty related role not in the area I will be living but once the baby is here I willreturn to work part time). It has always been my dream/plan to work from home doing treatments in some kind of separate salon from the house but the home we are moving to is not exactly ideal for people to find/get to not to mention it is a new area again for me. It is 5 miles from the nearest town so not completely miles from anywhere but its defintely not somewhere people would walk to!! My question is can this work as a viable business considering I know barely anyone in the area (hopefully the baby will bring new friends) or can i only make it work through starting in a salon to gain the clients first. My partner has a lot of free time through the work he does so will be available to look after children etc

Honest answers will be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Helen

Latest posts

Back