Honest opinions on the "possible" fad of semi permanent brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Selman

Reaction score
Im a brow stylist and although id like to do the semi permanent mu course eventually..... Im a bit disenchanted with the vast number of trained and untrained technicians performing this service right now.
Because its fairly newish (in the hoards of people having it done) i cant really find pictures of how much it fades say after 5 years???
Does it ever completely fade? Is there scar tissue damage after having it touched up say after 3-5 times?
Big thick brows are being tatooed onto people right now.... are they going to turn pinkish if people clients decide not to touch them up.

Im a brow stylist and although id like to do the semi permanent mu course eventually..... Im a bit disenchanted with the vast number of trained and untrained technicians performing this service right now.
Because its fairly newish (in the hoards of people having it done) i cant really find pictures of how much it fades say after 5 years???
Does it ever completely fade? Is there scar tissue damage after having it touched up say after 3-5 times?
Big thick brows are being tatooed onto people right now.... are they going to turn pinkish if people clients decide not to touch them up.

Hi
I had my brows done about 6 years ago. I have fairly good brows...I just have some gaps that won't grow and the 'fronts' are a little thin.
Nilam Patel did my brows and I loved them, they were fab. I never had them topped up after the recommended 2 year period...only because I didn't really have the money at the time. I would say mine have faded probably 97%...there is some slight 'pinkish' shadow behind the brow hair that I have, however, I think it's really only me who can see that...a trained eye kinda thing...I'm sure no one else can really see it. For someone who had no real brow hair then the faded colour could potentially be more obvious. I cannot speak from my own experience regarding 'scar tissue' but I think it's unlikely when done by a true professional who is highly trained. My mum has had her brows re done and topped up 3 times...there is no scarring in my opinion. How a client will end up looking if they don't re touch is debatable...everyone's skin is different, and I think it may depend on colour of pigment used and the quality of that pigment. I'm not a spmu artist...that is my view from a consumer and beauty therapist point of view. I hope that helps. A reputable trainer may be able to answer your questions more in depth.

Rachael

Latest posts

Back