Hot wax becoming quite tacky help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren :)

Love all things wax
Reaction score
Hello been using Perron rigot and waxperts wax and ordered some new waxperts, and finding it’s quite tacky, seems not to be setting and adhering to the skin, to the point I’ve had to put a different brand over the edge just to get the lift and get it off! Which worries me as have been using waxperts for a long time now? Any advice, haven’t changed temperature settings and digital wax pot, had the training, and it worked fine before? Just seems to keep doing it? Suggestions advice please. X

Hey Lauren :)

Wax can do this during hot summer months, It takes longer for the patches to set due to the extra heat and humidity

Is your waxing room very hot? If so cooling it down a touch could help so if there is a window you could open between clients or leave open constantly that would help

Also taking a damp cotton pad and placing it over the patch after it has been applied can help to take the heat out of the patch so that it sets quicker, you could even apply a little cleanser to the pad to help it cool down even more

It's also more important than ever during summer months to make sure you are applying your patches at an even thickness throughout the entire patch or what you might find it that it is set everywhere apart from one spot that will go gummy on you when you try to remove it

Hope this little tips help, let me know how you get on x

Thanks for the advice will definetly try with the damp cotton pad! I don’t think it’s my room as I’m right at the back of the salon and low down so actually is the coolest place to be and have switched all radiators off, however, it will still be warmer than it was in winter back In salon tomorrow with quite a bit of waxing so will the try suggestions thank you x

Latest posts

Back