Hot wax HELP !!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s111104

Reaction score
Hey all jst done a wax using hot non strip wax on underarms eyebrows and bikini line. All went very well until i got to the bikini area when removing the wax it kept breaking off as if wasnt hard enough (the wax still had a soft consitency) but had bn left for quite a length of time wonderin if anyone has any suggestions about this also how much oil needs to be applied to the skin previous to application and does anyone know of an oil i could use thanks all !!!!!

looking forward to youre comments

sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:) :) :) :)

Hey hunny why not give Perron Rigot a try their hard wax is amazing and doesn't go brittle like others i've tried and they also do a fab jasmine oil which smells brill and works a treat.

Maybe you didn't give the wax enough time to set did you feel it with your fingers first? Because the bikini area is so hot it sometimes takes a little longer.

I totally recommend Perron Rigot though and a training course with Kim Lawless aka The Wax Queen using Perron Rigot is even better x

Hey thanx hun sounds gd one more question where would i get this specific wax and oil the oil sounds lovely love jasmine scents:):)

Thanx sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey all jst done a wax using hot non strip wax on underarms eyebrows and bikini line. All went very well until i got to the bikini area when removing the wax it kept breaking off as if wasnt hard enough (the wax still had a soft consitency) but had bn left for quite a length of time wonderin if anyone has any suggestions about this also how much oil needs to be applied to the skin previous to application and does anyone know of an oil i could use thanks all !!!!!

looking forward to youre comments

sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:) :) :) :)

A combination of warm weather and warm body parts can cause the hot wax to take longer to set up, regardess of which brand you use. I personally use Perron Rigot Euroblonde but this still happens on a hot day, you just need a little patience, and be sure to spread the wax thinly (but evenly.)

With regard to oil, you need a very small amount, so there is just a slight sheen on the skin. If you think you've overdone the oil, just blot it with a tissue. Too much oil and the wax will slide about as you're aplying it.

Hi I had this problem a few weeks ago. I find it best to do the bikini area first before any other areas to be waxed as this tends to be the area that clients are most nervous about and the area can give off a lot of heat. I have found a fan in the room helpful on warm days. I have not tried this tip but the Americans use a bit of ice sometimes if the wax does not set up - I have some ready just in case!

Thanks everyone for ure advice much appreciated. so glad i found this site lol !!!!!!!!!

sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:):):):)

Latest posts

Back