Hot wax question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hi all,

I trained with hot wax at college, really didn't feel that comfortable with it but have since learnt the methods taught were quite dated (we were told hot wax couldnt be used on face, apply in figure 8...)

I now feel confident in waxing and am ready to try hot wax again. Can anyone recommend a hot wax that is suitable for face and body or would these be two separate types and if so what? Many thanks xx

I use Perron Rigot. Euroblonde is a great all rounder but they do a facial and an intimate wax. I think you need to trial a few and find what works for you

The new Sienna X waxes are lovely to work with both strip and non strip. Its definitely worth investing in a good non strip wax, its all I use on the face, underarms and bikini area. Your clients will love you for it :)

Fab, thank you. Can the euroblonde be used on the face and body? Cant really afford to buy lots of different wax heaters on the go. Also what recommended temp would you suggest. I have,the hive heater with the turning dial number 1_6? I have it between 3&4 for my soft wax xx

Euroblonde can be used anywhere. My heater is digital so I can't answer the temperature question but there will be others on here that can.

I also use Cirepil wax, I found I prefer the Homme wax, but saying that have not yet tried Euroblonde and like the look of the new cashmere just launched. If you call Perron Rigot then they will send you out some hot wax samples so you ca n try it. I have the small pro 100 heater and have my dial set on just over medium HTH x

If you like the look of the Perron Rigot waxes contact them and they will send you out samples to try

Thanks all, they are sending out some samples :-D Can I also ask what wax heater you have please? I have the hive 1000cc which is great but would like a separate one for hot wax, should I get same again or would a mini pot be sufficient? xx

You will need more than a small heater once you get confident with the hot wax, especially if you do intimate

My samples have arrived and about to have a play with the euroblonde, can I just clarify...at college we were taught apply against the hairgrowth in figure 8 , I know this is quite dated now. Am I right in saying with euroblonde I apply in direction of hairgrowth and remove in opposite direction?

Apply in the direction of hair growth making sure that you really push the wax through the hair. This is easier if you use the end of the spatula rather than the side as you would with strip wax. You need to ensure you go past where the hair stops to give you a lip to lift the wax off. I would book yourself on some training to give you technique and confidence though.

Oh and remove against the hair.

Latest posts

Back