How am I doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie1989

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am new to the industry and qualified in Lash Lifts at the beginning of September and officially began my business on the 7th September. I work from a home based salon. Since then I have been getting 2-3 clients a week, is this good for a start up? It's been a bit quiet recently with regards to new enquiries and I've yet to have any appointments booked for November but I have 5 booked in for the rest of the month so far.
Does November tend to pick up leading up to Xmas?

October can be quieter and then I find it gets busier November and December. You'll find it improves every year. Are you advertising? I find Facebook works best for me and word of mouth. Are you posting before and after pictures as that's always good. If you're not already could you maybe do an opening offer for a few weeks then encourage them to rebook for December and even a competition to get more likes?

For a few weeks in I think you are doing well just keep going and finding ways to attract more clients and you'll do great. Good luck :)

Thanks f
October can be quieter and then I find it gets busier November and December. You'll find it improves every year. Are you advertising? I find Facebook works best for me and word of mouth. Are you posting before and after pictures as that's always good. If you're not already could you maybe do an opening offer for a few weeks then encourage them to rebook for December and even a competition to get more likes?

For a few weeks in I think you are doing well just keep going and finding ways to attract more clients and you'll do great. Good luck :)
Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm doing all of those things you mentioned, I have an introductory offer with the lash lift although I do plan on keeping it at that price for a little while.

I've got 2 repeat clients next week so I'm going to ask them if they'd like to book in for November. I guess it's just being patient and waiting for my client list to grow, can't complain as I didn't know if it would even take off in the first place as I've never worked in the beauty industry at all.

Latest posts

Back