How can I increase access to my website??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Cal

Reaction score
I have just made a website on free webs and wndered how I can get traffic towards it?/ I have registered it on google and yahoo but if I even try to find it myself on google its pretty difficult

anyone know any ways to do this??
xxxx

I have just made a website on free webs and wndered how I can get traffic towards it?/ I have registered it on google and yahoo but if I even try to find it myself on google its pretty difficult

anyone know any ways to do this??
xxxx

(1) Get yourself listed on as many free index web sites as possible. They will count as extra links in to your site which will boost your Google page rank.

(2) Make sure you have a link to your web site in your signature on Geek (and any other web forum sites that you are on) - every post you make will then mean another link in to your site.

(3) Consider setting up a "reciprocal links" page where you can "swap" links with other people - this mutually benefits each of you in terms of extra links into each other's site, and consequently a higher Google page rank.

(4) Think about search engine optimisation. e.g. in the text of your web site, mention other towns close to you so that people will find your salon when doing a Google search for those towns a well, e.g. "My salon is in Shipley, but I am also close to Bingley, Baildon, Keighley, Bradford and Leeds". If Freewebs lets you set your "description" and "keywords" meta tags for your site, then make sure you use them.

(5) Consider signing up to Google Webmaster Tools and running Google Analytics web statistics on your site. This will give you information on how well your site is performing on Google, and which links people are visiting your site from, and which pages are the most popular on your site. Both are free services from Google.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't forget that it takes at least a month for you website to become visible to search engines:)

Don't forget that it takes at least a month for you website to become visible to search engines:)

Good point! And another reason to sign up to Google Webmaster Tools, as they will tell you if your page has been indexed on Google or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

i just put myself on google maps, so if someone googles mobile hairdresser st helens i come up, i was 4th but now i'm 1st!!:)
xx

Latest posts

Back