How do I fix my hair (blonde to brunette)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s2016

Reaction score
I started off with virgin hair, and I asked for golden brown, it didn't have to be an exact shade and tone and hue-I just wanted a makeover and any golden brown color that was flattering on my skin was fine with me.

I was shown a swatch, I thought it was too light and not the right tone.I told her that it may look alright in the swatch but once applied all over my hair it would amplify and it would not look good on my skin tone. I was reassured several times it would look fine. The first alarm bell went off when she said she would apply the toner. Now applying toner on bleached blonde hair is not even the right level, how does toner+blonde hair =golden brown? The color turned out champagne blonde and the manager didn't even bother with the routine of pretending it looked great. She told me that they could darken it and it would be free of charge of course. She could see I was mortified. It was that bad. I had to leave with a hoodie.

So I bought box dyes, the shade 'sweet brunette' by schwarzkopf and other shades of reddish browns. It's much better than the blonde, but the problem now is that during daytime my hair looks as though it lacks warmth and richness. It looks charcoal-like. Under the 'heat' of the bathroom light though it looks as though there is an orange deposit on the top of my hair. It just looks like something you want to shampoo several times to get rid of. So my hair seems to be in the extremes of too warm or not warm enough depending on the lighting.

I am hesitant to have it fixed by a pro because 90% of my color experiences have been terrible. So I want to know how I should fix it.

I was thinking to apply color remover to get a clean base, and then apply red filler+brunette box dye.

You need to go to a professional as its against forum rules to post technical advice to a non pro.

Latest posts

Back