How do I get my 1st job now that I've finished my level2 beauty course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarCandy

Reaction score
SugarCandy
Hi 2 everyone I've just joined & I'm so excited about this site.
I'm Sugarcandy & have just finished my level2 beauty & hope to get a job in a beauty salon but I need 2 get some experience 1st.
I have a family member who is in the beauty industry & I would like to work with her but she has her own cliental & she doesn't know how to go about introducing me to work with her & 4 me to gain my experiences & my own clientals.
Does anyone have any ideas of how I can gain my experience & my confidence with my own future clientals with out scaring them off lol. And will I charge them or do it for free for weeks/months? And would I be known as a junior mature therapists? and if so for how long 6 months or more?
I hope you guys can help me to start my stepping stones into becoming an experiences beauty therapists like yourselves.
Any advice given would be really appreciated Thanks 2 you all :lol:

Hey
Does the girl your talking about have her own salon? The only way to get experience and confidence is to carry out the treatments. Your not goin to get experience by just watching or whatever. Most salons wont take you on without 2yrs experience and you may need you level 3. If this relative will take you on just work on the strangers that come into the salon and maybe some of her clients will let you practice on them. You wouldn't do them for free, if your qualified then i dont see why you cant charge them the full price. You would be known as a beauty therapist. A junior is someone who's training. Let me know how it goes. x
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you not going to do level 3.It will just make it a lot easier for you in the long run to get work in salons,spas etc as most places will always require level 3.

Latest posts

Back