how do I get people to practise waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
hi every1
I recently trained to do waxing with a friend she has been practising loads today I went and got waxed by her and she is quite good, I on the other hand have not been able to practice due to lack of willing bodies. How can I get people to let me practice on them and also do I charge them ? dannie xx

I put out loads of leaflets explaining i needed models at a reduced price and i must have had about 40 people (that was for nails though) everyone wants it if it is cheap.

Oh and i did it so it covered my costs

x

Also

make sure your insured

cheers yeah i am insured for both waxing and nails ,but what sort of prices should I charge and did you just do a leaflet drop around your area? I work in a salon and have try to get them to help with the waxing but not really getting anywhere.

Try putting the ad in your local college, university, schools etc hth

Also stand out side the door of the salon and give out your introductory vouchers to people passing by, just make sure they have a use by date on them:green:

My problem will be getting a model for when I do the waxing course!

My problem will be getting a model for when I do the waxing course!

Ah right, what course is that, and what gender of model do you need?

Also stand out side the door of the salon and give out your introductory vouchers to people passing by, just make sure they have a use by date on them:green:

Ah right, what course is that, and what gender of model do you need?

I have only just started looking at courses now and most say they need a model!

How about still waxing family or friends even if they shave - I know it sounds silly but at least you get to perfect your technique and they don't have to worry about 'the pain'.

I've been waxed many a time over the years on hair free legs.

thanks never thought of that thats a great idea I will see who is willing to do it that way.

i worked out how much it actually cost for the wax etc and then charged accordingly so that i didnt lose out

I am struggling with exactly the same thing trying to find clients to let me wax them! Even my friends are being pooey about it and letting me down!:cry: I reckon i'll try some of the tips given thankyou! xx

I have the same problem, I have to do assessments on waxing and dont have willing clients :cry: Also I dont have much confidence anyway

Yep ditto! Totally understand what you're saying hun, it's annoying isn't it! xx

Yep ditto! Totally understand what you're saying hun, it's annoying isn't it! xx

Very, my tutor is telling me I have to do more than one of each waxing because I 'lack confidence' and everyone has to do one!
I am afraid of taking the whole eyebrow off or making a mess of the treatment but never mind, I cant find willing clients anyway. Its hard enough getting my nails assessments done lol

hiya are you at college or training private ?? if you are at a campus approach the girls on other courses if your not at college put up a notice in your local college you can charge but a resonable price people who go to a salon will come to you (FOR YOUR LOWER PRICE AT FIRST) and if you are good they will become regulars,
Also put adds on the notice boards in the local p.o supermarkets
Get anyone you know that has school age children to hand out some leaflets for you single parents will bite your hand off as they are normally watching the pennies but still need looking after !!
hOPE THIS GIVES YOU A FEW IDEAS GOOD LUCK:lol:

Very, my tutor is telling me I have to do more than one of each waxing because I 'lack confidence' and everyone has to do one!
I am afraid of taking the whole eyebrow off or making a mess of the treatment but never mind, I cant find willing clients anyway. Its hard enough getting my nails assessments done lol
LOL my freind waxed off an eyebrow when we were training she doesn't offer the service now !!:lol:

LOL my freind waxed off an eyebrow when we were training she doesn't offer the service now !!:lol:

I don't even want to do waxing when i finish college but may aswell make the most of it if I have to do it I guess. It just scares me because of the damage I could do if I did something slightly wrong

I told all my friends and family that if they didn't let me practice waxing on them they wouldn't be asked to volunteer for massage practice. Worked a treat, they were lining up to be waxed then:lol:

Latest posts

Back