How do you come up with nail art ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammie_moran

Reaction score
Hello ladies I am wondering how you all come up with nail art ideas for clients? When I do my own I always come up with great ideas and have lovely nail art but when a client comes and says I would like nail art but I don't know what design so just do something pretty, how do you come up with fabulous designs on the spot? If I sit and think for a while about colours and look at some pics I can come up with lovely ideas but on the spot my mind seems to go blank and a bit plain x

I show my clients photos of work I have done and ask if anything takes their fancy, then tailor it to what they like.

I don't do a great lot off art, just the odd few but I do like stamping as you can do just about any combination, design or colour.

I wish my clients were more adventurous with nail art! x

I show them my work I also have my nail designs on show in a nail stand and sometimes I put a slideshow on my iPad to show them what I can do. If all that fails I always have Pinterest! That app is amazing to find different designs for any client simple or wild x x

I do the same as Jodie-Danielle. I also use the High Street for ideas. I have been inspired by fabrics, and patterns & I have taken photos of false nails in Boots & Superdrug, and off clothes and bedding, which give me ideas for colours and designs. I even used a dress I bought for my niece as inspiration!!! Then if a design works, I will use a colour pop. Be careful not to over do the choice though, as that can just overwhelm and hinder decision making.
I also use this site, the 'what nails are you sporting' thread, has been running a long time. That is worth working all the way through, at some point. There is also an old one (100 days of nail art) that has some good ideas.

Last edited:
Hi Sammie,

I regularly get nail art inspiration from Pinterest & have a load of images saved on my iPad so that I always have something to refer to if I need some inspiration!

Alison

Thank you ladies I am new to this so don't have many photos of nail art work I have done myself yet I have done a few competitions with free nail art so I can build up some photos 😊

I find it super easy if someone can show me or tell me exactly what they want lol I'm going to keep practising 😊 x

Latest posts

Back