How do you control pamper parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
hi all, i've done a few pamper parties always adults 3-5 girls, very enjoyable normal sort of thing, they have a few drinks, enjoy treatments and chat.

My last one was an absolute nightmare and has put me off wanting to do them.
The girl who booked it is very nice has nail extensions usually.
She set up an events on her facebook with my usual price list where they were all chatting about it. I posted my pamper party list of mini treats and said this was what they could chose from and explained due to time and amount of people.
Oone took any notice of this list and booked nail ext(popits) waxing massages, tinting, facials, shape & paints and nail art. ok i though never mind.
Anyway at the last minute the location changed, to a less desirable house lets say(somewhere close by i would never walk alone!) Any how i went in professionaly. As i was booked for waxing she said to set up in her room, i'm not a snob but she had mucky clothes everywhere!

when i got there most people changed what they wanted, they were all drinking heavily and doing other illegal things in the loo!!(most unimpressed)!
I did manis and they were all constanly smudging the polish and asking for it redoing.
They were daring each other to have bikini waxes, one was in the bathroom bleaching her bikini for all to see.
They were all very very drunk, it was like being in a night club with the music.
i did 6 brow waxes and one girl had never had it done and one eye was very very red, i'm not sure if a layer of skin came off and i've never had this happen could it be due to alcohol and drugs?
It was getting late and i was at the end of my tether with a huge headache and still had a set of extensions to do, well thewoman could not stand straigth or talk so i refused.
Paying time one girl didn't have enough and despite numerous emails and talks she still hasn't paid.

So please help me how to stop this situation again xx

i dont really know about pamper parties.. but sounds dreadful and id be annoyed. maybe you could ask for payment when you get there not when you leave...

I tell my clients to sit there shut up and let me get on with my work lol Only joking!

Well thank god i never had anyone like this and hope to never have people like this. I feel sorry for you.

But in future explain to every client on the phone that to keep drinking to a minimum due to nail polish being smudged etc. Tell them the hard core drinking can begin once you have completed all the treatments.

This is the only thing i can suggest without you having to sound rude to people.

And another thing always ask for deposit and always ask for cash when you get their.

hths
x

i only really deal with the person booking the pamper party, i arrange a time sheet for them so they can all be in the right place at the right time, eg. some might turn up a little later, i ask for a deposit per person now as i had a couple of let downs, i send email telling them the deposit can be transfered to another day however if they cancel it is non refundable, especially good for hen parties due to weddings getting cancelled etc. as they have a time sheet with their appointment on and what they are having done i then email over to who im dealing with and ask the to arrange all monies ready for the end of the party, and i only accept changes up to 24 hrs before, i then send over an email with the amount due less any deposit paid. I am thinking of asking for full payment within 7 days of the party for bigger parties to avoid any problem with money. if they are unhappy at the end of it and cant be sorted out i can do a refund. I just dont like carrying large amounts of money around too.

As for alcohol i havent come across any yet touch wood that have got that out of control but do say in emails that as its a pamper experience that alcohol is best kept to a minimum and also just politly advise the person im dealing with of this and say i dont want to invalidate my insurance (lol) just find that it helps but really until i have a party like yours i cant really say what i would do.

erm hths xxx

Latest posts

Back