how do you fix a broken tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Hi, need alittle advice here, i have a client who has enhancements using white & pink L&P. 2 weeks later when she came for her infils she had chipped have half of the tip on her thumb. Is there anything i can do other than removing the entire tip. really need some advise.
also using the Brisa gels on one of my clients she noticed that they were dull. what could have happened, I cured for the stated times 2mins.

One way of fixing the broken tip other than removing and replacing it is to scuplt the corner back.
Buff down your product and place form underneath nail and replace the corner with your usual white l&p, cure and then buff into shape. Make sure you take the product over onto the existing nail so it wont snap off when filing!
Re your dull gel finish:
Was there any oil or dust on the nail plate prior to application?
Are you using the correct light unit? (Brisa lamp)
Do your bulbs need changing? UV bulbs do not "blow" they just lose their efficiency
Did you wipe over the sealant with cleaner/scrubfresh to remove any cuticle oil you may have applied?
Did you apply the sealant thick enough?
HTH
Clare

Hi Clare, i dont feel confident enough to sculpt, although i have been trained at college, maybe i should keep practising. Other than sculpting would i need to remove all the product as in soaking or just buff away the excees at the tip?? and apply a new tip with a white overlay.

as for my dull gell nails...i have recently bought my Brisa professional kit with lamp included, so i am taking it for granted that the lamp is OK. i had thoroughly prep'd prior to gel application, i applied solar oil after the finishing gloss
to cuticles once the nails were fininshed.
Maybe the fininshing gloss wasn't thick enough....?

thanks for your help,

Hi, if you are not confident enough to sculpt then don't.....but keep practising when and where you can. Take a Nail Trainer or rubber glove filled with flour and stick on a tip with the corner cut off and practice sculpting repairs.....sculpting repairs is much easier to start with.
Youre using the correct lamp, and proper prep so maybe it is not thick enough? (after you buff and finish your builder gel layer finish of with a 240 or white block to get super smooth finish)
Let me know how you get on
xx

Thanks Clare, i'll let you know

Latest posts

Back