How do you get guys to buy hair products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philip

Reaction score
I have been in the Male grooming business for many years and i have always found that guys its much harder to get them to buy salon products than it is women, a guy comes in to your salon he wants a new look, you do all the right things create the new him, and give him all the right information on how to look after his new style and also what products he should use to keep it, you think you are getting somewhere and then whan he finds out that Fudge, or any of the other leading products are not the same price as say superdrugs own brand, he puts his wallet away and goes to get a large tub of gel from the market stall for £1.50, its as though all your good work has been for ziltch, how do others in the business get the males to spend their hard earned cash, any tips would be appriciated, Philip

Eh?, men are a piece of cake to sell to.
They usually buy anything you tell em to.
Maybe i just scare them!!!

I have been in the Male grooming business for many years and i have always found that guys its much harder to get them to buy salon products than it is women, a guy comes in to your salon he wants a new look, you do all the right things create the new him, and give him all the right information on how to look after his new style and also what products he should use to keep it, you think you are getting somewhere and then whan he finds out that Fudge, or any of the other leading products are not the same price as say superdrugs own brand, he puts his wallet away and goes to get a large tub of gel from the market stall for £1.50, its as though all your good work has been for ziltch, how do others in the business get the males to spend their hard earned cash, any tips would be appriciated, Philip
I think this is really interesting and could be just down to client type/age.

My hubby wants a trendy hair style but doesn't like the feel of "products" on his hair - I have tried to convert him but nope - the other thing that he has said is that he just doesn't have time to put it on, on a morning - he is very routine orientated!

Sorry not much help I know - but perhaps other men don't like the feel either!

Latest posts

Back