How do you steam? Hot towels.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone, hope your all well.

Last night at college we were doing our introductions to everything. We had a look into steaming, now I understand all about steaming with a steamer but I was a little confused about using towels.

When the trainer showed us she used three,
One in half over the forehead,
Two crossing the nose and cheeks
And one covering the neck and chin.

She did explain that everyone finds their own way.

I just wondered whats been your tried and tested method when using hot towels?

Louise x

I tend to use the one that covers over the whole face from under the chin meeting at the forehead with just the nose peeking out.

:hug:

I have always done the same as Trish-1 towel(I find guest size towels work best) for the whole face. I fold it so that it wraps the same way-under the chin and corners meeting at the forehead. I don't know how you'd fold the towel but I do it corner to corner, not in half as such. I prefer it that way, but like your instructor said, you'll find the way that's best for you :).

Oh right I see, so does the towel not have to cover the nose? This way does seem much easier than using three, I could just see one move and the whole lot ending up on the floor somehow!

Thank you for your replies xx

leave the nose exposed as it makes the client feel relaxed and not claustraphobic.

should look a little like a chin-sling or a horseshoe

Brilliant, thank you. I'm going to have a play with this way as it seems to make much more thanks, I'll show her next week actually and see what she says xx

ok I may be a little thick now but how do you get the hot towels if you are mobile? I have seen a hot towel carry bag from ellisons, but would this work? I personally cant see it:confused: or do you warm them up in the clients homes?

I do sound silly here don't I:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back