How many NVQ assessments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyday

Reaction score
Hi - just comparing the amount of assessments we are asking our students to do for their NVQ qualifications compared to other centres. Anyone who has done their NVQ assessments recently at a private training school, would you mind telling me how many times you were assessed for each unit, and did you also have to do a minimum amount of case studies in your portfolio. Also how did you find the whole NVQ process?
Many thanks

Hi! I'm doing level 3 massage route. Got to do 44 case studies - 12 Swedish, 12 Aromatherapy, 12 Indian Head, 4 Hot Stone and 4 tanning treatments. I've been told that I need to go in for three days and carry out each treatment for Assesment and then a day to do theory exams plus A&P. Hope that helps!

Hi Holly
Great thanks, so will you be assessed once in each unit when you go for the 3 days, ie one swedish, one IHM, one hot stones, etc or would you have to do each treatment 3 or 4 times, ie 3 x IHM on 3 different clients, 3 x hot stones etc? and is this a private training school or a college?

From what they've told me it's once for each treatment but I'm not 100% on that. They haven't finalised my assessments yet until I've handed in all my theory coursework. It may be that I have to do Swedish body twice, one to include head and a different massage medium. I'm doing the course through The Beauty Academy in London, it's a private course. When I did my level 2 I did that at a normal college and the tutor just went round the class watching us while we carried out the treatment, and this was just once for each treatment x

Oh brill thanks. Hope your assessments go really well for you.

Latest posts

Back