How many of you get this every Christmas Eve?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
Every Christmas Eve we are fully booked. This year is no exception. We don't do cuts or colours on Christmas Eve, only blowdries. We are so booked up that we had to open columns with the juniors a couple of weeks back and they are now also full. We have 2 appointments left with our first year junior.

But every Christmas Eve, without fail, at 4.00pm when we all sit down to share out the wine and the chocolates that clients have left for us throughout the preceeding weeks, we have a solitary guy or girl walk in and ask us, "Any chance of a quick haircut / blowdry? Please......I am desperate and nowhere will do me." LOL.

I wonder who'll be guilty of leaving it to the last minute this year?

Last year we actually took pity on the poor woman with fried bleached hair who popped her head through the door and begged us (almost in tears) to help her. In the spirit of Christmas, one of the stylists gave her a quick blowover with some Moroccan Oil and tidied her up a bit (took about 5 minutes). She was so grateful she ended up becoming a regular client!

So ... what are your expectations for this Christmas Eve? Any clients who will have left it too late for an appointment (again)? New faces wondering if it's too late to book for a full set of foils and a restyle? :D

Yep, every year!!

The other mad one is that we sit down to do pressies/ chocs/ have a drink, there is always a client who wants to hang around and watch! We have to practically shoo them out the door.

Every year!! We are a non appointment barbers and we close at 4 but lock the door around 3.15. Then when we have a drink we get a gent in "am I too late?" erm yes you are we are closed haha. They say they will pay more but after such a busy day you just want to relax. But that's a typical gent for you, leaves everything till last min lol c

Also working in a non appointment salon. It's already booming with the christmas rush. Dreading the week before christmas as schools are out, going to be a mad one

I'm mobile but only ever do blow waves on xmas eve, but I have one client who insists on having a colour on xmas eve and it drives me mad, I do always give in but just winds me up that I could have been finishing work alittle bit earlier, another client asked me if I could do 7pm as she's working late!! Er NO, it's bloody xmas eve and I'd much rather be at home with my little girl, her reply was she'll ask her sister's hairdresser to do it, and the other girl is only going to do it.:!:

I'm mobile but only ever do blow waves on xmas eve, but I have one client who insists on having a colour on xmas eve and it drives me mad, I do always give in but just winds me up that I could have been finishing work alittle bit earlier, another client asked me if I could do 7pm as she's working late!! Er NO, it's bloody xmas eve and I'd much rather be at home with my little girl, her reply was she'll ask her sister's hairdresser to do it, and the other girl is only going to do it.:!:

Let her do it and enjoy your Xmas eve with your little girl hun, I am not working Xmas eve this year, after 11 years I realised that I had not
Spent one Xmas eve with my family, So I'm taking the day off! Woohoo it's a big thing for me and I'm so excited! Going last minute shopping with my mum and 2 sisters, then for lunch, then going to go for a long walk with hubby and the dogs in the afternoon. Usually i'm so exhausted on xmas day that I don't enjoy it fully so I'm like a big kid this year! Clients have been fine actually, thought they would kick off lol xx

Let her do it and enjoy your Xmas eve with your little girl hun, I am not working Xmas eve this year, after 11 years I realised that I had not
Spent one Xmas eve with my family, So I'm taking the day off! Woohoo it's a big thing for me and I'm so excited! Going last minute shopping with my mum and 2 sisters, then for lunch, then going to go for a long walk with hubby and the dogs in the afternoon. Usually i'm so exhausted on xmas day that I don't enjoy it fully so I'm like a big kid this year! Clients have been fine actually, thought they would kick off lol xx

Aww I'm glad for you chick, I'd love a xmas eve off, but i'm starting early so hopefully i can finish early and then do something christmassy. I feel the same if have a saturday off , I get all excited that it's a saturday and I'm off. lol. I'm trying to please every one this year because i'm emigrating in feb so every one's making me feel guilty that i'm leaving them, talk about guilt trip isn't in it. :lol:
Enjoy your xmas eve off xx

I refuse to ever work Xmas eve, even when I've worked in retail, at the interviews when asked about days I can't work I always say Xmas eve as I have a large family (18 cousins 32 2nd cousins) and we all get together in my aunts house for a drink, and exchange presents, if we're not drunk by 9pm its been a wasted day haha.
Enjoy ur Xmas Eve's off! It's a great time to see the family xoxo

Latest posts

Back