how many times do you infil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
How often do you remove a set of arylics and apply a fresh set. This isn't counting removing due to bacteria or lifting etc.
Got asked this question tonight and to be honest i wasn't 100% sure, i said they can be infilled indefinately if there are no problems.

what do you guys do, do you remove after so many infils?

It is recommended to remove the acrylic once a year to give your nails a rest. Give it a rest for at least 1 week, lots of solar oil. Then put the fresh acrylic after a week.

I may be totaly missing the point here but want do you mean by giving the nails a rest?

yes, you are right. there is no need to remove extensions if all is well, and you can rebalance indefinately.

No need to remove if all is tickety boo, rebalance to your heart's content!

I have heard some folk say to remove and reapply after a certain length of time, but if you have no problems, there is no need to soak off and reapply....we know that nails don't need to breathe or anything like that....maybe it's just a money spinner?

i know some people who dont like seeing their own nails grow up underneath so they like em cut odwn and a fresh set applied.

One of the first people I did a set for when I started training recently has had hers on for 6 weeks now, had 1 infil and 1 rebalance. She got one finger trapped and said it hurt so I removed the enhancement and her natural nail underneath has split both sides quite high up - too high to cut, it's sore so I have left it - she has a plaster on it........ anyway (sorry i'm waffling) the rest of her nails have grown to the same length of the enhancement so I'm thinking should I remove them and do overlay or just keep infiling/rebalancing/reducing length? her own nails look mucky underneath and I'm tempted to take them off to make sure there is nothing lurking under there that shouldn't be.

hiya Suzie is there any dirt between the product and her own nail or is it just underneath of her nail that is discoloured?

I think i have read somewhere that cuticle remover is good for removing this, not sure though.

Suzie.e said:
One of the first people I did a set for when I started training recently has had hers on for 6 weeks now, had 1 infil and 1 rebalance. She got one finger trapped and said it hurt so I removed the enhancement and her natural nail underneath has split both sides quite high up - too high to cut, it's sore so I have left it - she has a plaster on it........ anyway (sorry i'm waffling) the rest of her nails have grown to the same length of the enhancement so I'm thinking should I remove them and do overlay or just keep infiling/rebalancing/reducing length? her own nails look mucky underneath and I'm tempted to take them off to make sure there is nothing lurking under there that shouldn't be.

I have 3 clients who hate to see their own nails under the overlay so in these cases I do remove and reapply, after about 3 months.

BTW do you mean that her free edges are mucky underneath or the enhancements themselves look a bit cloudy?

Cathie! said:
I have 3 clients who hate to see their own nails under the overlay so in these cases I do remove and reapply, after about 3 months.

BTW do you mean that her free edges are mucky underneath or the enhancements themselves look a bit cloudy?
sorry to be thick but ive been wondering for ages what does btw mean???

by the way lol

Cathie! said:
by the way lol
lol - thanx - cant believe i couldnt work it out xxx

mamma said:
How often do you remove a set of arylics and apply a fresh set. This isn't counting removing due to bacteria or lifting etc.
Got asked this question tonight and to be honest i wasn't 100% sure, i said they can be infilled indefinately if there are no problems.

what do you guys do, do you remove after so many infils?

I never remove a set of nails unless a client asks me to - I'm not sure why your nails would need a rest from wearing enhancements. You are right they can be infilled indefinately. xx

I very rarely do soak offs, they can be time consuming and the product to remove them is very drying. I don't believe nails need a 'rest' it is only if the client wants this due to personal things. Solar oil is a magic product when used the natural nail is tip top.

Generally my clients like the idea that their natural nails are the actual length with a pink and white over them. They can then say they are their own lol.

If a client would like their natural nails shorter then with the rebalance I take down the length and then balance it all out again using a form for the free edge. Hope that made sense.

I know of some salons around my area say to clients that after 2 re balances they have to be removed and a new set applied due to them getting too thick???!!!! that just means the rebalance isn't being done correctly, and offering that is very costly to the client.

Take care xx

when i was training we had to be nail free, as you no. there was a woman that had had her's on for 5 yrs, she was heart broken.

Can anyone please give me any tips about creating a tidy smile line when french polishing ? Im pretty new to this game - only qualified in August and this wasnt covered.
Joy

ozzie said:
Can anyone please give me any tips about creating a tidy smile line when french polishing ? Im pretty new to this game - only qualified in August and this wasnt covered.
Joy

try this thread
http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/21776-dreaded-french-polish.html?highlight=french+polish

If you put 'french polish' in the search facility ther should be a good tutorial by Layla somewhere.

Well done on your qualifying, enjoy you knew found skill and have fun being a geek!

Take care xx

smiler13334 said:
I very rarely do soak offs, they can be time consuming and the product to remove them is very drying. I don't believe nails need a 'rest' it is only if the client wants this due to personal things.

Generally my clients like the idea that their natural nails are the actual length with a pink and white over them. They can then say they are their own lol.

If a client would like their natural nails shorter then with the rebalance I take down the length and then balance it all out again using a form for the free edge. Hope that made sense.

I know of some salons around my area say to clients that after 2 re balances they have to be removed and a new set applied due to them getting too thick???!!!! that just means the rebalance isn't being done correctly, and offering that is very costly to the client.

Take care xx

couldnt have put it better myself pet - this is the same as i do

This will probably sound horrific to you lot!

Years ago when I used to get my nails done, (before I trained) My tech always used an e-file (which she was trained in) and every few infills, when my natural nail was visible underneath, she'd use a tiny drill bit, and file away at the natural nail underneath until it was gone.

It looked great and hasnt done any damage to my nails that I know of x

holliejayne said:
This will probably sound horrific to you lot!

Years ago when I used to get my nails done, (before I trained) My tech always used an e-file (which she was trained in) and every few infills, when my natural nail was visible underneath, she'd use a tiny drill bit, and file away at the natural nail underneath until it was gone.

It looked great and hasnt done any damage to my nails that I know of x
Had my nails done this way until I trained, about six years. I still hate to see my own nail under the acrylic so soak of and start again. but love the coments on sculpting for my clients, thanks girls I get so much from this site.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back