How many...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering for those of you that are either mobile or home based, how many clients do you have? Obviously i know it depends on whether you are full or part time & also if the clients are just a one off or are regulars!

I have managed to get some regular clients through a recent leaflet drop, but however things have quietened down a bit now so really could do with some inspiration from you guys as for where i can head next!

Thanks all xxx :green:

I think the best way is for your regulars to start spreading the word about you!
You could give them some incentive by giving them a small say 5% discount on their next full set if they introduce a friend. Or just be patient as I am sure these clients who are happy will be telling everyone who admires their nails who it was did them. Make sure all your clients have a couple of your business cards to give to friends.
Word of mouth might be a bit slowere than leaflet drops but it is the MOST effective advertising.

Hiya...well i was supprised when i went through my client record cards just how many i did have...i did my training in November last year and started advertising in February this year and i have been very lucky i think cos i have had a client every week since my first week, and so have earned something at least every week. I now have 20 regular clients that come every 2-3 weeks and i have another 5 clients that i see every 5-6 weeks as they just have manicures. Then i have had 9 one off clients that just had them once. More than half of my clients also have there toes done too so they spend quite alot with me. Then there are the wedding bookings, have done about 4 now and got another booked in for 2 weeks time...these are brill cos there are always at least 4 ladies wanted nice nails for the big day.

I think i have been real lucky to have work every day, sometimes its 1 client at 20-30 pounds and then sometimes its 3 clients at 70-100 pounds a day. some weeks are better than others but either way i am earning more doing nails than i was earning at my old job for working less hours and doing what i love so its all good.

The word soon spreads and you only need 1 very happy client to make 2 more cos she will tell her friends and they will tell theres...most of my clients know each other cos they have come from another client.

At one point it went quiet and although i had my existing clients i wasn't getting new ones...but then it was pointed out to me that i had stopped my ads...so i renewed my ad in our local rag and the phone started ringing again...within the first week i had 3 new clients and its gone real busy again. So keep advertising even if you think everyone knows where and who you are.

I just wish i had done this years ago.....lol xxx

i have 16 regular as clockwork clients who book their next appointment there and then.
i have 6 clients who ring me when they need maintanence and give me 2 days notice.lol
i have had 15 one off who come for nails for certain occasions.(from christamas 2004)
i havent done any wedding nails yet...............
i have alot of girls who just come for airbrushed french over their own nails and the same for toes
like angie says sometimes if i have 3 maintenance appointments in one day as apposed too 3 full sets then i dont earn as much,
i work on average all day tuesday wednesday thursday (i like monday and friday days off )
i then work 3 -4 evenings starting at 8pm a week, i tend to only do mobile during the day

Well I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but I've got 96 ! regular customers 2-3 weekers, YES 96!!!, that doesn't include any "one off's" I'm knackered!:zzz: and work around 55 hours a week !!!but I love my job!!!. I'm mobile and the only thing that does get to me sometimes is that I can't really take a holiday and it's a bit of a nightmare when clients want to change appointment times etc;) . But "touch wood" I've been doing really well.

If there's any Nail Techs who do sculpted nails in Leeds/Bradford out there and want to join me then pm me.:lol:

OMG 96 clients well done you talk about busy!!!!

You should be very proud of yourself.

Caz xxx

jo! said:
Well I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but I've got 96 ! regular customers 2-3 weekers, YES 96!!!, that doesn't include any "one off's" I'm knackered!:zzz: and work around 55 hours a week !!!but I love my job!!!. I'm mobile and the only thing that does get to me sometimes is that I can't really take a holiday and it's a bit of a nightmare when clients want to change appointment times etc;) . But "touch wood" I've been doing really well.

If there's any Nail Techs who do sculpted nails in Leeds/Bradford out there and want to join me then pm me.:lol:

wow

can i just ask how long did it take to build this up?

jo! said:

Hi Louise,

I started full time mobile at beginning of May and since then have had 12 regulars every two to three weeks 2 regular manicure clients and 6 that have been one off, bridesmaids for manicures etc. Two more regulars to start coming back to me when their kids go back to school after the holidays so 16 all together. But then most of my regulars book two treatments at a time coz they know I get booked up quick. Some are so scared of loosing out on appoinments that they've booked me up till Christmas.

Word of mouth and yell.com hase been my saving grace really, did a new client yesterday and her friend phoned me at 09:00 this morning for a full set and nail art. Word of mouth is fast!!!!!

Hope this helps!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

like Rose word of mouth is how i got a lot of my clients way back in the beginning

id say ive got abt 60 odd clients and then i get the few one offs and of course crimbos chocareeanie...lol

my client time between appts ranges from weekly to abt 6 weeks (there are the odd few who really should come in sooner but they just wont listen...lol)

the best way to build up for me is local paper ads and recommendation... ive even had geeks recommend ppl to me .... cheers geekios ;)

Jess
xox

nik said:
wow

can i just ask how long did it take to build this up?

I's taken about 2 years, 95% recommendation. I give a discount of £5 off there next rebalance if they reccomend a friend, then every now and again i'll give them a simple bit of nail art (10 mins worth) as a thank you for there continued custom.

Yellow pages is brilliant too!

Latest posts

Back