how much for tip replacement??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Hi All,
Was wondering how much everyone charges for a tip replacement. do you only charge after a certain amount of time after the initial set? I have only been in business for 2 months so a little unsure. One of my clients phoned me 2 days after her new set of acrylics (not infils) saying one has come off, not sure what to do....Should i charge her for a replacement or do it for free?? :confused:

I charge £2 per tip replaced during an infill or rebalance appointment.
If a client has broken a nail in-between appointments I charge £5, this is my minimum appointment charge. If she has to have 2 replaced I still charge £5 though, because once she's sitting there it really doesn't take a lot more time.
Some other salons in my area charge £3, some £5 even during infills.

i do free replacements (max of 5) in the first week after the initial set. thereafter £2.50 per nail. yes i know that this can lead to people abusing the system, but it is what gives me an edge over the many others in the area (except Jacky+ coz she does the same!!) anyhow, most of my ladies are so embarrassed when they have broken a nail - esp in the first couple of days, that me making no big deal about it and just doing the repair, reminding them of their aftercare etc, seems to put them at ease . JMO. i have however gotten into the habit of really examining the nails/hands before starting the repair, that way i can offer the best advice.

thanks guys,

at the minute i don't charge, i think i might carry on doing this for upto 7 days after there first set, then after that i will probably charge. Fortunately this is a rare occurance as being mobile could be very costly!!!

Hi guys , just a little thought on this
Your time is money:
When the client leaves my shop they leave with 10 intact nails...........
When they return and there is one missing, they pay for it lol..........
The responsibility of looking after their nails is theirs...........The only time I would do a nail for free is, if it was my fault...........
With experience and a little detective work, you soon get to know the freebies from the real ones..............

Nails do not just float off the nail plate....... well only if there wasn't a good bond in the first place.....clients love to pick at the loose edges and sooner than you can say "lifting" it is off..........this you can check easily, look for a a clean and undamaged nail plate, a little scrubfresh on the nail will show stress marks beautifully.... stress marks mean, stress has been applied to the nail, either with their teeth or some other tool at their hand.............Just make sure you have a good bond and this is not gonna happen...........unless they are pickers and then in their book anything goes usually their teeth or their other fingers..........

They do not brake at the fee edge, unless external force was applied.........or you have built a nail without a good strong structure, Apex being the main one here......
So if your nail is structurally sound then only force will make it part from the free edge.........but the enhancement is meant to brake at a certain pressure point........ this means only the enhancement will brake and not the natural nail.........Tell your client this is meant to happen, if it did not their would be serious trauma to the nail...............The nail does not just break by looking at it........
Another tip, the enhancement is to long for their active day to day life............. you are the professional, you are there to advise on the length, so things like this don't happen.......... and if it does, it is because they didn't listen, they pay and then might listen to you the next time.......

though it may be possible for it to be your fault and if your are 100% sure that it is then do it for free, it's good client PR, but is also a possibility that it is the clients own handy or mouth work......... and then you reward them by replacing them for free ????? I don't think so MRS.

IMHO

Thanks for that

i'm Going to see her on Wednesday so i will know more then, Im sure the structure and the length of the nail is fine. i have a feeling because this has happened before with her that she keeps knocking them.....i know they can stand a certain amount of trauma ...but they are not indestructable!!

Latest posts

Back