How often to raise prices and at what time of year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey guys I have only been self employed since november last year. The price of products has gone up and I am planning on putting the prices up. My prices are not that expensive and I feel that its time to raise them a little bit! Do you think I should wait untill I have been trading a year to raise them. Also how much do you guys generaly put them up by and how often. Is there a time of year that people usualy put them up. I was thinking of doing it as of september I have started telling my regulars that there will be an increase soon. What does everyone do? I am confident about telling my clients because I know they will be fine about it but what is the "done thing" or is there no specific rules. Thanks alot guys xxxxxxxx

I tend to put mine up from 1st February for new clients and 1st April for existing clients. IMO people have recovered from Christmas by then :)eek:) and I always get a flurry of new clients around that time of year.......

What I always do is tell my existing clients in February that I've put prices up for new clients but I'm not putting theirs up for 3 months - makes them feel a bit special and gives them time to get used to it....... I didn't raise my prices this year - deliberate choice on my part but I will at the beginning of next year.

Hth's

I only did my pricelist 6 months ago, but i have now introduced several new luxury brands so have changed my prices on some sections of my menu. I also realised i don't charge anyway near what i should for pedicures! I think it's healthy to review them every year or if you bring in a new brand just to have a look to see how much it costs you etc.

:hug:

Thanks guys!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only did my pricelist 6 months ago, but i have now introduced several new luxury brands so have changed my prices on some sections of my menu. I also realised i don't charge anyway near what i should for pedicures! I think it's healthy to review them every year or if you bring in a new brand just to have a look to see how much it costs you etc.

:hug:

If you change brand you can always ask the brand if they can help out with the cost of a reprint. It is unlikely they will agree but you may get some money off you order :)

I tend to only raise my prices once a year, client seemed to make comments when I done it more than than, not that they still don't once a year but hey what do they expect?

I normally raise my prices around September or October.

If you change brand you can always ask the brand if they can help out with the cost of a reprint. It is unlikely they will agree but you may get some money off you order :)

They'd have to be a very generous company :lol: nobody seems to want to give anything away although Jessica was generous!

I've only changed the prices of my manicures and pedicures.

Latest posts

Back